account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

After upgrading to Android 8.0.0 Oreo the wired headset stopped working

SOLVED
Message 11 of 50
Message 11 of 50

Re: Sony Xperia X compact oreo technical problem

@uliwooly, if not more difficult, point a finger, I found no solution to the problems in the search. There is a complaint, there is no solution, Sony ignores the problem. Thank You.

Message 12 of 50
Message 12 of 50

Re: Boycott upgrade to Android 8.0.0 Oreo!

In Oreo, the mobile data transfer status bar is now indicated by the up/down arrow. When you transfer data, it appears, disappears after the transfer. From this, the traffic saver icon, which is to the left, constantly moves left/right. Eyes notice this movement and get very tired of it.

Screenshot_20180228-153821~2.pngScreenshot_20180228-153948~2.png

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 50
Message 13 of 50

The arrows are for mobile data traffic not data transfer. :-)

You can turn data saver off by going to settings /Network & Internet then select data usage.. Hope i helped u. ;-)Screenshot_20180228-182352.png

Pioneer
Message 14 of 50
Message 14 of 50

Your quote right about this unwanted behaviour.

There is a solution created by @romanempire  which can be found here.

You can install it and wait for the next Oreo patch which will surely arrive.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Message 15 of 50
Message 15 of 50

Thank You, @Strampke!

The main question concerned the headset's failure, but special thanks for the "accordion"!

Another mistake. After upgrading to Oreo, I can no longer use the Chrome browser: there is no text in the action selection pop-UPS.

Screenshot_20180301-092142.pngSony moderated my messages and removed from the top of the message a call to boycott the upgrade to Oreo. Still, the people in Sony work. :- )

@Ozon_Aleksei

I've edited your post, there's NO need to create a duplicate post on the same topic, check the forum guidelines and comply with them; keep it friendly and constructive. 

Emperor
Message 16 of 50
Message 16 of 50

@Ozon_Aleksei

I have removed your last post, it has nothing to do with the topic, also, this is a USER BASED FORUM which means that we, users, like you and I, are here to help each other, stay in topic and don't spread misinformation or your post will be edited or removed. 

Thank you, keep your posts constructive, friendly and do comply with the forum guidelines.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Welcome/Discussion-guidelines/td-p/349678

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 17 of 50
Message 17 of 50

That in my consternation misinformation? That my headset is no longer working? Accordion with data transfer arrow in status bar? The inability to work more with the Chrome browser? Where are the Sony fixes?

Emperor
Message 18 of 50
Message 18 of 50

@Ozon_Aleksei

Do read the forum guidelines, you can contact Sony directly >>> Local support 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 19 of 50
Message 19 of 50

The problems I describe here are not mine, But the Android 8.0.0 system Oreo. And anyone who upgrades to Oreo will have them. Let users know in advance what awaits them after the update to Oreo.

I contacted direct support to Sony on the issue of the failure of the headset. I was sent to a Service center. My smartphone is working. I'm 45 days it will remain without a smartphone, and the result is "zero".

Let Sony reads the forum, or you will report our problems to them. Let Sony will start working on the bug fixes! Mistakes, not fantasies and desires of users!

Message 20 of 50
Message 20 of 50

After upgrading to Android 8.0.0 Oreo there was a limit on the size of files to transfer to SD-Card 4 Gb

Screenshot_20180301-170004.png