account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

After upgrading to Android 8.0.0 Oreo the wired headset stopped working

SOLVED
Message 41 of 50
Message 41 of 50

Re: Android 8 Oreo the wired headset (with controls on the wire) not recognized

Please report this issue to Sony Russia tech support so that they do not give users stupid tips on reinstalling the system.

Message 42 of 50
Message 42 of 50

Re: Headphones not recognised

Congratulations, Sony!

We all thought that Android 8.0.0 Oreo from Sony blocks the only high quality third party headset, and Sony has its own headset was able to block.

There is only one way out: buying a normal smartphone, do not Sony.

Message 43 of 50
Message 43 of 50

@Ozon_Alekseiwrote:

Congratulations, Sony!

We all thought that Android 8.0.0 Oreo from Sony blocks the only high quality third party headset, and Sony has its own headset was able to block.

There is only one way out: buying a normal smartphone, do not Sony.

There's another way: wait for the fix that was announced OFFICIALLY by a Sony representative and stop being abusive towards others.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 44 of 50
Message 44 of 50

How long to wait?

Message 45 of 50
Message 45 of 50

@Emirwrote:

Note! Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

@Ozon_Aleksei

I wish I had a definite date for you, but nope.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 46 of 50
Message 46 of 50

Critical errors of this level should be corrected within a week!

I've been living with this for three months!

Sony Russia still does not know about the existence of this problem. Please let them know so they don't direct users with this problem to service centers for updates!

This attitude of Sony to users not only irritates, but also undermines the credibility of the brand.

Highlighted
Message 47 of 50
Message 47 of 50

Today my Android 8.0.0 Oreo got a new build 34.4.A. 2.50

My headset Audio-Technica is working again. I think that with this build will work and other headsets mentioned in this blog. I think that this problem is Android 8.0.0 Oreo removed.

Thank you all for your help and participation.

Visitor
Message 48 of 50
Message 48 of 50

I'm using an B&O BeoPlay H3 ANC, and the upgrade to 34.4.A.2.50 did nothing for me.

They worked perfectly fine under Android 7, but throughout all Oreo version they are not detected by the phone.

I tried all the troubleshooting advice here to no avail.

However, but using completly passive 3,5mm headphone jack adapter I can trick the phone and use them. So I'm fairly sure there are still some software shenanigans going on.

One time poster
Message 49 of 50
Message 49 of 50

Re: After upgrading to Android 8.0.0 Oreo the wired headset stopped working

Not had any problems on my Sony Xperia XZ with heafset usag

One time poster
Message 50 of 50
Message 50 of 50

Ive got this problem about 2 months ago and still havent found a fix.

Have a pair of philips wired earphones ive been using with my sony xperia x compact for ages. They still work with my pc or other things

I had some headphones laying around that do work with the phone. Tried most fixes ive seen on fora but i just cant figure it out