account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

After upgrading to Android 8.0.0 Oreo the wired headset stopped working

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 21 of 50
Message 21 of 50

Re: Boycott upgrade to Android 8.0.0 Oreo!

@Ozon_Aleksei

That seems to be an android restriction, there are reports with Samsung One+ devices, but I'll see if I can find something official 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 22 of 50
Message 22 of 50

I managed to google myself to this thread as I have the same problem.

I use a Sony Xperia X Compact and use this only with a Bose QC 25 headset. This worked with no troubles until today, when I updated to Android 8.0.0. After the update, nothing happens when I plug in the headset. 

The headset works with other devices. The phone works with other speakers connected by the aux.

Does anyone have any solutions? Is downgrading to android 7 a decent solution?

Visitor
Message 23 of 50
Message 23 of 50

There are several new "features" I'm finding annoying, but the really problematic one is that my indoor location detection is suddenly garbage since the update, even when connected to known wifi networks.  I'm now getting the "GPS location not found" error 2-3 times per _minute_ on Pokemon Go while sitting at my work desk, but never got it before the update.

Learner
Message 24 of 50
Message 24 of 50

I also have issues with my bose qc25 after Oreo. i only managed to get them to be recognized by pressing the middle button on the wire controller

Note: running build 34.4.A.2.19

Message 25 of 50
Message 25 of 50

Today with great hope updated Android 8.0.0 Oreo to build 34.4.A.2.32

Received:

accordion status bar - left,

a wired headset - is not working,

the restriction on the transfer of files to SD-card 4 Gb - left.

None of the critical bugs I have listed has been fixed.

My friend has the same smartphone, for Android 7.1 She laughs at me, because it all works.

And we, those who updated to Android 8.0.0 just losers.

Apprentice
Message 26 of 50
Message 26 of 50

Android 8 Oreo the wired headset (with controls on the wire) not recognized

Few days after update wired headset not recognized, I cleaned jack port, did updates, look at the settings, even repair with companion(all settings are gone)...

Then realised I have been recently running and I listen to audio books... turns out simple headsets are working, but headsets with controls on the wire are not recognised. 

Does this make sense?

Any one else? I have just few headsets to test.

Message 27 of 50
Message 27 of 50

Re: Android 8 Oreo the wired headset (with controls on the wire) not recognized

I have the same problem. Read my posts below. Sony has decided to limit the use of third-party high-quality headsets. Nothing can be done about it. You can try, for fun, the headset works if you press the answer button on the call.

Apprentice
Message 28 of 50
Message 28 of 50

I have bose, just volume up and down ...

so it is intentional from sony? not a bug? that would be evil... 

Message 29 of 50
Message 29 of 50

@Ozon_Aleksei @mdgarf

No need to spread rumors and wait till we get an official response from Sony. If you read up you'll find that there are similar issues on Samsung One+ phones.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 30 of 50
Message 30 of 50

funny spread rumors??? I AM QUITE ANGRY! I have caled local sony for help and they basically forced me to few restarts and companion repair. That menas hours of puting phone to orginal state. And all that with prospects of sending phone to service, meaning getting other phone and setting it up all again. 

JUST BECAUSE SONY SERVICE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT IS HEPPENING?? THEY COULD HAVE SAID "WE KNOW, SORRY, WAIT FOR UPDATE".

I am sorry, it is just bad service. I just want to use my phone.