account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

After upgrading to Android 8.0.0 Oreo the wired headset stopped working

SOLVED
Message 1 of 50
Message 1 of 50

After upgrading to Android 8.0.0 Oreo the wired headset stopped working

After upgrading to Android 8.0.0 eagle my smartphone stopped seeing
wired Hi-Fi headset Audio-Technica ATH-CKS99i.The sound through the headset is not displayed, the Radio application requires connecting the headset, when the headset is connected. At the same time, the Philips headset works properly with the smartphone.
Headset Audio-Technica ATH-CKS99i is OK. Reinstall Android 8.0.0 has not produced results.
Sony refuses to acknowledge the problem and claims that it does not support the work of third-party headsets.
I advise you not to upgrade to Android 8.0 System is still very unfinished.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 47 of 50
Message 47 of 50

Re: Android 8 Oreo the wired headset (with controls on the wire) not recognized

Today my Android 8.0.0 Oreo got a new build 34.4.A. 2.50

My headset Audio-Technica is working again. I think that with this build will work and other headsets mentioned in this blog. I think that this problem is Android 8.0.0 Oreo removed.

Thank you all for your help and participation.

49 REPLIES 49
Message 2 of 50
Message 2 of 50

Re: After upgrading to Android 8.0.0 Oreo the wired headset stopped working

Don't upgrade To Android 8.0.0 Oreo!

Updated Android 8.0.0 with 34.4.A. 0.364 to 34.4.A. 2.19 with the hope that many mistakes will be corrected. No, errors are not fixed!

Stay with Android 7.1.1-excellent, stable version. The Oreo is still raw and contains a lot of bugs!

One time poster
Message 3 of 50
Message 3 of 50

Re: After upgrading to Android 8.0.0 Oreo the wired headset stopped working

I have pretty much the same problem with my pair of V-Moda Crossfade M-100 headphones, which also support headset functionality. Before I upgraded to Android 8 everything worked fine, now my phone does not recognize the device at all.

One time poster
Message 4 of 50
Message 4 of 50

Sony Xperia X compact oreo technical problem

I have updated my sony xperia x compact to the latest update yesterday, and since then the headset is not working: my Beat headphones do not work anymore and the sound goes through the phone instead, but the Sony headphones do work correctly. Is anybody else experiencing similar problems?

Emperor
Message 5 of 50
Message 5 of 50

Re: Sony Xperia X compact oreo technical problem

@da97

I believe that other users have reported something similar, use the search bar above.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 6 of 50
Message 6 of 50

Boycott upgrade to Android 8.0.0 Oreo!

Due to the numerous errors in Android 8.0.0 Oreo propose to boycott the update until the elimination of critical errors.

Urge all users: do not upgrade to Android 8.0.0 Oreo!

Anyone who has faced critical errors in the operation of your smartphone after upgrading to Android 8.0.0 Oreo leave posts in this topic.

If I learned about such problems with the new firmware would never be updated. Let's help others not to make this mistake. May boycott update to Android 8.0.0 Oreo will make Google or Sony to begin to correct a critical error?

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 50
Message 7 of 50

Re: Boycott upgrade to Android 8.0.0 Oreo!

Only problems I'm having are..

°"KeyvoKeyb" keyboard typo errors!

°Unable to clear cache within the storage settings.

°battery's same for me.

°online gaming has improved ie.. in world of tanks blitz I used to start upto 50 seconds into the battle but after oreo iv not started 1 battle late.. So there is major improvement in online gaming for me. I noticed the improvement b4 turning on game boost. 

I did however have to install twice as the 1st attempt failed to download on WiFi but second time was smooth operation 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 8 of 50
Message 8 of 50

Call to Sony !!!

Fac apel catre cei de la Sony prin acest topic, daca doriti sa mai aveti utilizatori si clienti fan Sony Xperia, va rog sa optimizati versiuna Oreo. 

#x compact#

I'm calling from Sony through this topic, if you want to have Sony Xperia fan users and customers, please optimize the Oreo version.

#x compact

-GT

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 50
Message 9 of 50

I upgraded to Android 8.0.0 (build 34.4.A.2.19) and did not face any "critical errors" so far. My Xperia X Compact is working fine since the upgrade.

@Ozon_Aleksei: which critical errors are you referring to?

Message 10 of 50
Message 10 of 50

What are the "critical mistakes"?

It is enough to read recent threads of this forum. All described problems arose after updating to Android 8.0.0 Oreo.

Personally, I have after the upgrade stopped working wired Hi-Fi headset Audio-Technica.

Here in the forum I have a separate topic about it and other users are complaining in this thread for a similar problem. For music lovers, the failure of your favorite headset - a very critical problem!

Here at a forum already wrote about it, and I also read in the news that Samsung suspended the update to Oreo on their smartphones without any explanation, and in Xiomi explicitly stated that "Oreo kills their smartphones".