account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Accordion in the status bar

Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Accordion in the status bar

When does Sony plan to remove the Accordion from the status bar? Tired of spoiling your vision!!!!

23 REPLIES 23
Adviser
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Accordion in the status bar

This is the reason I am still not upgrading to Oreo. What a shame to ignore such an obvious fault in the software.

Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

I repeat my question: when does Sony plan to remove the accordion from the status bar?

All users will be given a helpful tip: don't upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo and be happy!

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

You can fix it yourself:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keypressure.disable_network_activity_indicator

after installing you need to use PC with adb, give the app permissionis and all done.

Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

I am a simple consumer and bought a smartphone not to become an expert on flashing smartphones. I don't have a computer at home. Why should I have a headache about the accordion in the status bar? Let Sony take care of it.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

Sorry guys, but such a minor issue wouldn't keep me from upgrading to Android 8 Winking Face  For me this is purely cosmetic, and really irrelevant. No offence, just my personal opinion.

Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

Good luck darling! Upgrade To Android 8.0 Oreo and come back here to the club of losers. Can you tell us all here at least a couple of advantages of Android 8.0 and then we except the disadvantages could not find anything. I came to this forum only after upgrading to Oreo. When everything works, what to do here?

Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

I repeat my question: when does Sony plan to remove the accordion from the status bar?

Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Commissioner
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

Obviously, other people here would disagree with me, but I do find it useful seeing when network activity is actually taking place, so I like the arrows.