account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

2 preloaded malware 'games' on international xperia x compact (snakes and 2048)

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

2 preloaded malware 'games' on international xperia x compact (snakes and 2048)

Does anyone elses international unlocked xperia x compact have these two pre-loaded apps?

• Snakes

They came preloaded on my phone

Frustratingly, they can not be uninstalled.

Ironically, they were detected by the preloaded AVG scanner.

Picture.png

3 REPLIES 3
Apprentice
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: 2 preloaded malware 'games' on international xperia x compact (snakes and 2048)

I purchased mine in Greece (German import as it seems) and other than some 3rd party apps that could be uninstalled, including AVG, there where no games included.

I'm curious to here others on this subject..

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: 2 preloaded malware 'games' on international xperia x compact (snakes and 2048)

Bought mine in South Africa in dec 2016, no games included and no malware reported by the pre-installed AVG. Also no such apps after a number of updates. Would be interesting to find the real source of your phone.

Adviser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

No games in my phone either, purchased in Northern Europe.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bringing users more features should not mean leaving users without a chance to opt out of those features. No offline calendar nor a sound recorder out of the box? Why?