account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

When are we getting the latest update? (4.3)

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 20 of 226
Message 20 of 226

Re: Sony Xperia V Update

Dear Sony Team,

if I'd known your difficulty in making decisions about the update strategy, I'd never bought an xperia v.

At least it would be fair from your side if you make a clear statement.

Saying that the strategy is in discussion for more than 3 month is really more than disappointing.

Say how it is, so that we, your customers, know where we stand.

The longer it takes to get this information from you, the less is the price I could get for reselling my phone.

Because this is what I will do if you don’t keep this phone updated.

I really hope for an answer - and not the standard one.

If you don't plan to update it, just say it, what’s the issue?

Visitor
Message 21 of 226
Message 21 of 226

Re: Latest firmware available for Xperia V ?

Dear Sony Team,

if I'd known your difficulty in making decisions about the update strategy, I'd never bought an xperia v.

At least it would be fair from your side if you make a clear statement.

Saying that the strategy is in discussion for more than 3 month is really more than disappointing.

Say how it is, so that we, your customers, know where we stand.

The longer it takes to get this information from you, the less is the price I could get for reselling my phone.

Because this is what I will do if you don’t keep this phone updated.

I really hope for an answer - and not the standard one.

If you don't plan to update it, just say it, what’s the issue?

Talent
Message 22 of 226
Message 22 of 226

Hi Uliwooly,

Actually i believe it's 9.1.A.1.145 .

My phone is stock unbranded and I got this OTA update last July.

I hope I don't have a rogue firmware that may have been pulled out...

Can you confirm if .145 is the latest ?

Tks

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 226
Message 23 of 226

+1 

I think buying xperia v was mistake, becouse comunication is awful.

i think to resell xperia and buy samsung or another phone.

P.S. I was fan of sonny ericsson when I bought K500, K700, W700.

but now I cannot buy case for my phone , cannot make update and comunication of my problem is very poor no one answer.

Adviser
Message 24 of 226
Message 24 of 226

Sony should give us a list of phones that MAYBE getting the 4.3/4.4 update, otherwise its irritating Expressionless Face

Learner
Message 25 of 226
Message 25 of 226

Yah.. i too made a mistake by going in to Sony Xperia.. it is a shame.. why Sony cann't give us the latest firmware update

i'll not recon any of my friends to buy sony...

Sony you are disdusting...

@AlfreedoS wrote:

Sony should give us a list of phones that MAYBE getting the 4.3/4.4 update, otherwise its irritating Expressionless Face

Learner
Message 26 of 226
Message 26 of 226

yah men.. we are really disappointing.. no updates

say bye to Sony

Sony if you cannt manage smart phone business better you'd leave now

don't make us fool...

One time poster
Message 27 of 226
Message 27 of 226

I'd like to join the others in this topic. Sony, what the heck are you doing with updates? All we want is to receive software updates for the phone you released less than a year ago. Is this really need to be like this? The only info we have is you are going to update top-level devices to 4.2 and 4.3 but nothing regarding Xpreria V!! We were buying your devices to enjoy good functionality and all we got is headache with device self-reboot and not even a word about OS updstes. My next phone definitely won't be Sony after that - there's no point to buy brand new, just released, top-level device and then being treated like!

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 226
Message 28 of 226

+1

Adviser
Message 29 of 226
Message 29 of 226

Buy a high end smartphone in 2012, they dont support you on 2013... Because now your phone is low range ...sony give us some info at least! Yes, you are getting 4.3 Or a clear and definitive No, we cant update your devices...