account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

When are we getting the latest update? (4.3)

SOLVED
Message 10 of 226
Message 10 of 226

Latest firmware available for Xperia V ?

Hello. I want to what is the latest version of firmware available for Xperia V ? and will Sony release 4.3 update for Xperia V ?

Emperor
Message 11 of 226
Message 11 of 226

Re: Latest firmware available for Xperia V ?

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-v/

Latest available software

You may already have the latest software, depending on the date of purchase. Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.

Android version: Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)

Latest available software: 9.1.A.1.140

Release started: 2013-04-10

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 12 of 226
Message 12 of 226

As far of 4.3 

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/07/25/on-android-jelly-bean-4-3/

Hi everyone, a quick note on our software roadmap…

So, Sony’s Jelly Bean 4.2 upgrade for Xperia Z and Xperia ZL is well underway* – next up, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z will start receiving 4.2 from early August.

Yesterday you probably saw Google announce the next version of Jelly Bean (Android 4.3) – we’re already getting stuck in and can confirm we’ll make 4.3 available for: Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia SP and Xperia Z Ultra…

We’re also looking at uplifting some of our other devices running 4.1 direct to 4.3 – we’ll share more info / deets / timings when we can, so be sure to follow @SonyMobileNews for all the latest.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 13 of 226
Message 13 of 226

There is any way to upgrade to clear 4.3? i mean, even with an root or something like that?

Emperor
Message 14 of 226
Message 14 of 226

NO, unless you install a Custom ROM 

Don't forget to give Kudos

Learner
Message 15 of 226
Message 15 of 226

that what i was talking about! which one and how i could install that custom ROM?

Emperor
Message 16 of 226
Message 16 of 226

Check the XDA forum 

Learner
Message 17 of 226
Message 17 of 226

could you please do that for me? becouse i dont understand all of that customs rom and different types of core thing. Slightly smiling Face

Message 18 of 226
Message 18 of 226

thanks for the answer. one off topic question. i can't sing in to my other account which is my default account. i resetted its password but still when i try to login it says username or password incorrect but both username and password are correct. whom should i contact regarding this issue ?

Apprentice
Message 19 of 226
Message 19 of 226

Re: Sony Xperia V Update

It has been over 2 months since that post went live. As far as Sony was the first to promise 4.3 update, they could well be the last to actually roll them out. HTC has started, Samsung quite soon. While no news on when 2013 Xperia models will get, worse still they left us, owners of 2012 Xperia models hanging by merely just vaguely saying they are in the process of deciding which devices to uplift from 4.1 to 4.3. Seems like lessons are still not learnt despite claims they will do better, come on, Sony, is this all that you got? 

Disappointed Xperia user