account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

can't view all sd folders on pc

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

can't view all sd folders on pc

hi, everyone ,i have some problem with my SXU running ics C.0 , that i can't view all the folder in the internal storage when i connect my phone to PC ,while i can see the folders  throuth the ES file explorer ,i made apps backup but i not able to view the backup folder on the PC ,any suggestion please !!!

note : i've done all the reboot for both phone as well as PC more than once 

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: can't view all sd folders on pc

Some files might be protected. What you could try is using a 3:rd party software like MyPhoneExplorer from www.fjsoft.at which connects through ADB. That should allow you to see all files.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Demigod
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Uncheck the hidden folders in your pc

Some folders are hidden

The most profound technology is the one that vanishes quickly
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

If setting your PC to display hidden folders doesn't help you could also try to manually type the path to the folder in the addressbar. If you for example want to access a folder called Android, click the addressbar and typ \Android after internal storage.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Thank you for replying  but didn't work  i also tried  moving  files to a folder which i can access by the pc but still couldn't find find them ,i remember i was able to see all the folders in my last firmware

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Some files might be protected. What you could try is using a 3:rd party software like MyPhoneExplorer from www.fjsoft.at which connects through ADB. That should allow you to see all files.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

it worked , Thank you

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

same thing happened with me. i have sony Xperia C4 dual, after my phone updated to Android 6.0 i couldn't see all my SD card folders on my PC just one folder only.

i went to windows "device manager"  > universal serial bus controllers, deleted unknown definitions, while the mobile is connected to my pc and waited for some time.

i went to my mobile settings>storage> 1- transfer data to sd card 

i went to my mobile settings>storage> 2- Eject the SD card from System and mounted it again.

i mounted it  2 or three times actually. each time a different folder appear (single folder only appear and all the other folders not showing up). after repeating that at the end all the folders Appeares on my PC