account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

can Old sim cause any problem?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

can Old sim cause any problem?

I have a Sony Xperia U phone!

can my Old sim card cause any problem? problem like this [picture] ?

It repeats two number ex - .. 3 4 5 7 7 8 .. [ no 6 ] and It changes with time ...

screenshot_2013-03-31_2104.png ..... ? 

should I use a new sim card ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: can Old sim cause any problem?

I don't think this is related to the SIM-card. Try repairing the phone software via PC Companion at first.

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

By the way, how old is your SIM-card?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES 6
Master
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

I don't think this is related to the SIM-card. Try repairing the phone software via PC Companion at first.

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

By the way, how old is your SIM-card?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

not sure .. may be ... 4 or 5 years old ..

but It sitll works fine with my LG Phone (not android) !!!

Master
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Well, in that case I'd recommend that you replace it anyway, since old cards can cause issues. Also, they generally don't support the newer network bands as well, so it could improve your network coverage.

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

thank you very much sir  Slightly smiling Face .. 

can you be sure this problem isn't related to the SIM-card ?

Master
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Well, you could try it but I doubt it will solve the issue.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

yako oka ube sim eke awlak newei. oka Gingerbread wala awlak...uba dan oka hamathanama daanawa..ochchara awlak nam ICS flash karapanko? mageth gingerbread kaale oka thibba.. Dizzy Face