account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

YouTube app problem

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

YouTube app problem

Hello, recently i've updated to the last update of the YouTube app. Now when I try to launch the app it takes at least 6-7 seconds to open and at times it doesn't launch and nothing happens when I touch the YouTube icon in my app tray. It is really anoying and I can't use this app well. Does this have to do with my phone?
It happens only for the YouTube app
I am using android gngerbread 2.3.7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Re: YouTube app problem

Try to uninstall updates for youtube app.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Settings-apps-all-youtube,force stop and clear data.Restart your phone and try again.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

I've tried to do that and it started working back well but after using the app for quite a time the problem starts again.
Should I repeat these steps everytime that happen ?
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Well,how much has passed since you did that?I remember that someone on the forum said that youtube has given up support for 2.3.7 GB,so you could start using youtube on your browser.

Adviser
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

About a 2-3 days
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Try to clear data again and see for how long it works.If still having issues,come back here.

Adviser
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

The problem still happens at time but it doesn't bother me at all as I use youtube on my browser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Try to uninstall updates for youtube app.

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I already did it but it didn't work what should I will do? 

Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@VanNernieBalsomo what phone do you have? what is the actual problem?