account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Update Xperia U with New 6.0.B.3.171(3 Jul 2012)

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 51 of 98
Message 51 of 98

Re: Update Xperia U with New 6.0.B.3.171(3 Jul 2012)

I agree with you.

I am BIG fan of SONY products but with this I am really dis-appointed.

I will also think twice before buying and recommending SONY products

I agree that product can not stabilize in a days but network is the basic funcationality of any phone and if that is not available then better to go with any local phone work Rs1000.

At least you can receive/dial calls.

Angry Face the way SONY supports their customers

One time poster
Message 52 of 98
Message 52 of 98

preyas ,bhavyesh6 i agree with both of you.

Rs. 16,500 is my one months salary. Brought this phone because of Sony & its Brand name. But long wait for its software update. That too for receiving & dialing calls. Now i am tired. Some day we will receive 6.0.B.3.177 & hope it solves all the problem. If else......Thinking Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 53 of 98
Message 53 of 98

@manjpy : Installed it not good as expected, while charging phone gets restarted automatically Slightly frowning Face thats bad!!!

At present i have disabled it and stick to Enable/Disable of data manually along with it installed McStealth's Fresh Network (which helps to be in network and battery power also boosts)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 54 of 98
Message 54 of 98

************NOT ANSWERED**********

Where is SONY Support team????

Oracle
Message 55 of 98
Message 55 of 98

We have received isolated consumer complaints about network selection issues for the products Xperia™ U, Xperia™ P, Xperia™ sola and Xperia™ go in connection with Android 2.3.7 SW version 6.0.B.3.162, successfully resolved by re-starting the phone.

Further optimizations of the network selection procedures were made and affected consumers are recommended to upgrade their handset SW to a new Android 2.3.7 SW version to be available from early August onwards.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Adi
One time poster
Message 56 of 98
Message 56 of 98

okay... Angry Face

All of the Sony customers using "Xperia™ U, Xperia™ P, Xperia™ sola and Xperia™ go" are fcuked up for another month with the bUgs Smiling Face with Horns

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 57 of 98
Message 57 of 98

CRAP SUPPORT AND UPDATE

THIS DOES NOT ADD ANY VALUE TO CUSTOMER'S ISSUE

WHY CUSTOMERS SHOULD SUFFER FOR COMPANY'S FAULT, THEY SHOULD HAVE PROPER TESTING DONE BEFORE RELEASING AND EVEN IF ANY BUG'S NOTICED AFTER RELEASE BASED ON CRITICALITY SONY SHOULD TAKE ACTION IMMEDIATELY.

NETWORK IS THE CORE FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY PHONE, HOW CAN YOU RELEASE SW WITHOUT PROPER TESTING

I WILL SURELY ADVERTISE SONY ABOUT THEIR PRODUCT AND SUPPORT, LET PEOPLE KNOW NOW SONY IS NO MORE LIKE OLD SONY. SO DO NOT GO WITH JUST NAME

One time poster
Message 58 of 98
Message 58 of 98

I know this is a .171 forum but its not out yet right?! So well just wanna share i just hard reseted my xperia u .162 software. Signal was always there before, but instead of vodafone it just used to show me "no signal" being in signal and fully working and battery used to drain alot even being in idle...

But i did hard reset and its perfectly fine now and it shows vodafone all the time been more than 48 hrs..... and battery also got better, was thinking to do repair after hard reset but no need of it really, and it really is working better than even before if talking about speed and performance. Havn't checked about the earphone issue yet (where like we listening music and call comes n after ending call we don't hear any sound on phone,etc) .

My suggestion to all, please just back-up ur stuff and do a hard reset and then put/download all your stuff/apps/vidoes/music,etc back, i believe it still will perform better than before . If for some it doesn't sorry then n you can only bust sony for the same~!

cheers!!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 59 of 98
Message 59 of 98

Hi Markus ! I have following comments !

1) Why should you say 'isolated complaints' ? when it appears there are many complaints ! (I know 2 in my company itself)

2) Is re-starting phone a permanent resolution of such complaint ?

One time poster
Message 60 of 98
Message 60 of 98

I have updated my Xperia U to .162 a few weeks ago and for me works perfect. I did the Quadrant benchmark before and after the update and the phone got faster and the battery has improved.

For me, no problemas at all. On the contrary, the .162 was even better than the previous version.