account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Update Xperia U with New 6.0.B.3.171(3 Jul 2012)

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 11 of 98
Message 11 of 98

Re: Update Xperia U with New 6.0.B.3.171(3 Jul 2012)

hi sony.. before buying xperia u. All my collegeaus said not to go with sony mobile even though, i went for sony.

now they are laughing at meAngry Face...

First Problem - Purple color spot in camera mode.Neutral Face

Second problem - Speaker was not working not able to hear people talk. was not able to hear music in loud speaker.Neutral FaceSlightly frowning Face

And Now - My Network goes off every 1 hour or so. Angry Face

Now what should i do.. Patient is the answer u give. if u i be patience. whether it would be solved or my 16500Rs is gone???

Thinking Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 12 of 98
Message 12 of 98

SONY..u want to capture a chunk of this mobile market space..I'm sure u started off with a pursuit of excellence (as always) and now...so many dissatisfied customers like me...!

Kindly get the basics of ur strategy right and focus on right things at the right time..u cant woo people by launching numerous products in a short span of time, instead by doing corrections as early as possible...

Hoping and waiting to see solutions of the critical bugs asap...

Visitor
Message 13 of 98
Message 13 of 98

this phone is really crap with so many bugs, sony should not have released this phone..

i could have gone for a htc one v

One time poster
Message 14 of 98
Message 14 of 98

dear pradeep,

let me remind you that the phone xperia u has the best hardware (except camera & speakers...Dizzy Face) available in this price range compared to htc, sammy, etc. The main problem with this phone is that there is no check on software developers by quality assurance people. This is clearly evident by the enormous list of bugs. However if u search online for the problems associated with htc one v you may find respite that you didnt buy one v. It has some serious hardware as well as software issues. Sammy offers ace plus in this price range whose hardware is s**t in comparison with xperia u. i think there is no need to compare nokia lumia 700 or 600 whatever it is. So you see this IS THE BEST smartphone in this price range w.r.t. hardware. Lets hope that the ics update solves most of the bugs. Be proud to own this smartphone. :smileymischief:

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 15 of 98
Message 15 of 98

Folks,

Even i got the same network issue My netwotk goes very often I have to restart every time in order to bring back my network this happened after the upgradtaion to 6.0.B.3.162 .

Is this new 6.0.B.3.171 available in INDIA becasue every time when i check for update it says your phone already got the latest software Friends is there any other way to resolve this issue if latest update is not availble.....  Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 16 of 98
Message 16 of 98

Sony is interested in giving ads of xperia not in giving update to resolve buggy update.. I am also from INDIA we have to wait for their update cause we bought the phone... update released on 3rd i think still not available for us . how sad...........

One time poster
Message 17 of 98
Message 17 of 98

its pathetic, sony is making us wait and keep facing issues and they can't fix the issues and make an update available soon?! Are sony software engineers, etc beginners ?!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 18 of 98
Message 18 of 98

@sujjuagr: Try installing MCSTEALTH' s app "Fresh Network" from Play Store. Thats really good may be because of that I am in network Slightly smiling Face

Demigod
Message 19 of 98
Message 19 of 98

I hope it will be available within the week. Hoping it comes asap. Good luck. Arnab.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 20 of 98
Message 20 of 98

Even SONY doesn't no of this problem and also it may not be fixed in 171 update.

Read the comment thread above by "Markus"

For now disable data if you are not actively using it on your phone and install App from McStealth - Fresh Network (Network Booster Pro).

If you wait for Sony to fix then gone case, I am bit happy that due to this App my phone is connected always to network Slightly smiling Face