account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Transparent strip

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Transparent strip

I recently purchased the Xperia U, I really love the phone....I just have one question, is it possible to switch off the transparent light because sometimes it just too bright at night and sometimes it just attracts too much attention when I am using it at night? I have not found the option to switch it off. If there is no option to switch it off, is there an application I can download to switch off the transparent light?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Re: Transparent strip

I think there suggestions here . check it out http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1747500&page=2

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
11 REPLIES 11
Visitor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

i have an unrooted XU n i dont think there's any option or app to switch off the transparent bar......btw only this feature sets this phone apart from rest of the phones of this class.....!!!  

One time poster
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I think Sony made an error here...sure the transparent light is a feature that sets the phone apart, but they should create an app that gives the USER the option to switch off the transparent light.  The light looks cool during the day but at night it just brings unwanted attention.  The user should have the option to switch it off since we spent money to purchase the phone...I HOPE someone at Sony reads this.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I don't know if this can help

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rundgong.illuminationcontrol&feature=search_result

or try searching simillar apps like that, they may have options to turn off the light

________________________________________________________________________________
One time poster
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Thnaks for the link...I had that app but it was not possible to switch off the light...its only for notifications.

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

I think there suggestions here . check it out http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1747500&page=2

One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

thanks for the link...the light is off when i use the phone, the app overrides the transparent light when browsing the menu and other apps...but somehow when using the Sony music player and gallery viewer the light comes on again...i guess i have to install other music and photo apps to counter this.

One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.haxor&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImN... check this out!. after downloading uncheck "Enable soft-key backlight"

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

You can use following apps:

night mode(search in market)

screen filter(link given by andrewas)

colorbar download from xda forum

colorbar is really cool, it should be preloaded in xperia U. You can change the color of illumination bar as you like, and if you put all R, G, B values to zero, it simply switches off the bar.

Don't forget to mark Correct Answers and Helpful Answers

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@pradeeprk4 my xperia u did not have colorbar preloaded...i just got it from your link but the install option seems to be frozen, it does not respond when i press it.