account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Xperia U Battery Issue

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Sony Xperia U Battery Issue

hi, i have this 6 days old sony xperia u which was working absolutely fine but until yesterday it has developed  a bug.

the phone's battery level drops by 30 to 40% within minutes,

i have no task killers installed.

please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Re: Sony Xperia U Battery Issue

No use man....

the same issue Slightly frowning Face

i will never reccomend sony to anyone else.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Demigod
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Take out the battery, wait for 10 mins and reinsert. It usually removes the bug.

One time poster
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

No use man....

the same issue Slightly frowning Face

i will never reccomend sony to anyone else.

View solution in original post

Visitor
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

Hi Mayank ! First disable the Power Saver app pre loaded by sony. I mean keep all options off. do not use it. switch off and on. This may help. as i have not encountered this after i stopped using power saver.

also there are other innovative solutions in this forum by uli and others.Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes. They may also be working against this deadly bugSmiling Face with Horns

One time poster
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Dude!! try to uninstall unusual apps like ram/battery booster like that..also uninstall antivirus its help you most.. Bro every brand have fault becuase its electronics part.. i am touching with sony since 6 yrs , have no issue , also i am and evry one use xperia u, have no problem like that.. 1 of 100 products will be faulty that's not mean that brand provide bad quality..

In consumers electronics SONY provide to their customers good quality products.. If you have problem then please go to service center and replace battery or phone..

Wish you best of luck & come back with good healthy xperia u in our family!!

Thank you.. Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Sajib i have been using sony products since ten years but this time the experience hasn't been nice

will try your measures then reply......thanks.

Demigod
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Things which affect battery are:

task-killers

antivirus

task manager

battery saver apps

battery status apps

brightness level

bravia engine

google backup

heat of surroundings in which mobile is operating

and some more.

Visitor
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Sajib I am also using sony products (incl cell phones) for last 8 years and this time experience is not satisfyingSlightly frowning Face. Lets not overlook the software quality issue (and maybe some hardware issues ) in this phone. I believe, as of today the performance is sub standard on following counts

(a) Media Volume (b) Camera Pic quality (c) Tiny Notification LED (d) Battery drain

If we dont protest and compare with other products, sony (XpU)  will not improve.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

wow!

now i'm facing newer problems!

the phone doesnt charges when it's off.

the battery all of a sudden drains a hell lot in minutes!

and the worst thing is the problem has started when the phone was just 6 days old.....now i'll have to run to the service centre leaving all my work Dizzy Face

One time poster
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Dear frnds, I knw if we nt compare nd not shwing negative then no product will be develop or fixed. Yes cam quality not good as per 5mp..some one said that "not recomended sony" he not daying xperia u individualy ,he said all of sony..bro I am previously used k320i, c510,hazel, naite ,w8, xperia mini pro so there is no problem also I have no prob with xperia u

Now tell me, is sony bad with all of product??? I would like to see sony with no negative matter.