account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

[Sony Doesn't care this at all] WiFi Status locked, cannot change or turn off

Visitor
Message 51 of 96
Message 51 of 96

Re: WiFi Status locked, cannot change or turn off

Rickard. New threads were added in fustration as there were no updates in the 3 months since a mod last had said the would register the problem.

Hope you get a fix out before it happens again.

Talent
Message 52 of 96
Message 52 of 96

So, for the end user, YOU STILL DO NOTHING FOR THIS PROBLEM for 3 MONTH?

We have a buggy phone, and can NOT been fixed for more than 3 month, and no any information?

One time poster
Message 53 of 96
Message 53 of 96

Re: [STILL NO ANSWER FROM SONY]WiFi Status locked, cannot change or turn off

calm down mates, I think I found the cure :smileygrin::smileygrin::smileygrin:

stressed my wifi all day, and no problem.

I'll post a fix in a minute Winking Face

One time poster
Message 54 of 96
Message 54 of 96

Hello, for those who have the bug of WIFI that locks, here's the solution: Pre-requisites: must have a mobile phone with permissions of root Install a file explorer that you can access the system root (Examples: Root Explorer or ES explorer) After:

1) Turn Off the WIFI 2 (open the file explorer and go to /DATA/MISC/WIFI folder and delete the file wpa_supplicant_bgscan.db 3 Connect the WIFI (this will generate a new file wpa_supplicant_bgscan.db) wait until the new file being created. 4 Go to the folder /DATA/MISC/WIFI , select the new file wpa_supplicant_bgscan.db and change all their permissions for "read-only". Congratulations because the bug irritant of WIFI has been solved.

thanks to HB76 @ androidpt.com

Talent
Message 55 of 96
Message 55 of 96

too sad...still need to root.

One time poster
Message 56 of 96
Message 56 of 96

LOL. is that any problem? dont you want your phone fixed? rooting doesn't void the warranty,

Is you repair your phone via SUS, it erases root privileges, and it gets back to factory defaults..

dont be afraid Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 57 of 96
Message 57 of 96

I have a completely new Xperia U with SI si 1261 4572, whatever that means.  I have a constant notification of new system update available6.0.B.3.184, but when I tried to install it, it failed after seeming to download (using wifi, not PC).  Now I am reading of other update problems to ICS - not sure if that is the same thing.  Please can you advise?  Should I wait at the moment if there are bugs with updates?  Any help gratefully received - this is my first touch screen phone.

Talent
Message 58 of 96
Message 58 of 96

Since the version is 6.0.x, I think your phone is Android 2.3.7, not 4.0.4.

So the problem should be different.

By the way, I recommand you try to upgrade your phone with PC.

Talent
Message 59 of 96
Message 59 of 96

Actually, rooting a phone is hard for some user.

Not everyone know how to root an Android phone.

And, I think this is a disaster that we need to root athe phone to make it work normally...

Such an untrustable company.

One time poster
Message 60 of 96
Message 60 of 96

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to ask if you guys use the FON network, or any other that requires authentication to use the internet? I have the feeling that using the FON network precipitates the problem of wi-fi.

Thanks for your help