account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Slide Show on Sony Bravia TV using WiFi Direct not working

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Slide Show on Sony Bravia TV using WiFi Direct not working

Hi I noticed a new software problem ! I connected XpU to Sony Bravia TV using WiFi direct. The connection is successful ! If I play a pic on TV it shows up on the TV. So far so good ....

But the problems are : (1) If I choose slide show(thro galary) for playing on TV then it does not work and current pic keeps on displaying. (2) Only the pics taken by camera can be played(displyed) on the TV. Other pics which came preloaded on phone can not be displayed on TV

These problems are really annoying ! Slightly frowning Face  This is contrary to the TV advertised feature of this phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Re: Slide Show on Sony Bravia TV using WiFi Direct not working

Hi ! Now I am on B.3.184 and the SLIDE SHOW through WiFi direct on Sony Bravia TV is WORKING !Slightly smiling Face. This may have been a fix in this build.

Only the pictures taken by sony phone or camera can be seen s slide show on Sony Bravia TV Slightly frowning Face

WHY ?

8 REPLIES 8
Oracle
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Can you please describe the steps in your phone on how you do this so we both can tell if you're doing it correct and also so we can test this?

Also, what software build number do you have in the phone?

Settings > About phone > Build number.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

The steps are as follows: (Note there is no wifi router used) Build is B.1.564

1) Turn on Sony Bravia TV (This has wifi dongle)

2) Go to WiFi settings on XpU phone and look for wifi networks. Sony Bravia TV appears as available network

3) In the TV there is an option called "wifi direct". If you search manually phone is visible as wifi device.

4) Click on TV wifi network in the phone(wifi settings) and click connect.

5) Phone connects to TV. Also seen connection successful on WiFi Direct Menu screen in TV

6) Go to picture gallary and click on a camera pic. click options in phone. it shows play on device (TV) click that and the pic appears on TVSlightly smiling Face

7) But there is slide show option also when you click on pics in gallery. If you click slide show it does not play on TV. to  see pics on TV you have to repeat step (6)Slightly frowning Face

Oracle
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I see nothing wrong with how you're doing this.

I'm doing the same thing with my TV back home and it works just fine. I do however use Xperia P but these two are very similar and should work the same way when it comes to this.

The only difference I see here is that your TV has a WiFi dongle and mine is connected to the router I have at home. I see no obvious reason why this would be a problem but if possible it would be good if you can try to do all this on a different TV. By doing that we know if the problem lies with the phone or the TV. Also, if you have a similar phone or know someone who does, please test it with your TV too.

Visitor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Thanx for reply ! My other tv is without wifi. My question is about direct connection thro wifi. I am able to see phone pics on tv but I can not play them as slide show. Are you able to do Slide Show of your phone pics on your TV ?

Oracle
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Yes I am. Each picture will take a second or two to load but I can swipe on the phone display and change picture without having to tap on "play on device" each time.

Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hmmmm! This is not happening in my TV. I can also connect through WiFi router. But I wanted it to happen using WiFi direct. Can you check WiFi direct(without wifi router) in your Tv ?

Highlighted
Oracle
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

No, not on my TV, I cannot unfortunately.

If you don't have the possibility to check with a different TV or a different (but similar) phone on your TV I suggest you wait for the next software update for this phone model. Hopefully it will kick-start this feature. Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Hi ! Now I am on B.3.184 and the SLIDE SHOW through WiFi direct on Sony Bravia TV is WORKING !Slightly smiling Face. This may have been a fix in this build.

Only the pictures taken by sony phone or camera can be seen s slide show on Sony Bravia TV Slightly frowning Face

WHY ?