account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Problems Upgrading to ICS Sony Bridge for Mac

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Problems Upgrading to ICS Sony Bridge for Mac

I have been experiencing problems trying to upgrade my Xperia U to ICS using the Sony Bridge Mac software.

I connect my phone ok to Sony Bridge for Mac and the software tells me there is an update available. I click on the link to start the update process and the new box appears giving me the update info. I click on continue and the message talking to update engine appears. Then my phone just shuts down and an error message saying Update Failed - Could not find a phone Please try updating again. Most frustrating!

Has anyone got a solution to this problem

Thanks in advance

Jonty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problems Upgrading to ICS Sony Bridge for Mac

I had this exact same issue, but thankfully I have a Windows parition, and used that for the update instead. I have no idea how to fix it (and I searched/tried), so my only advice is to use a windows pc for the update.

4 REPLIES 4
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

I had this exact same issue, but thankfully I have a Windows parition, and used that for the update instead. I have no idea how to fix it (and I searched/tried), so my only advice is to use a windows pc for the update.

One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

This is going from bad to worse: I took your suggestion (thanks for that! Slightly smiling Face) and tried using my partners Windows 7 PC to update my phone, all was seeming to go well (although it took 2 hours to 'Prepare' the update) until I got to actually doing the update. I followed the instructions to put my phone into the update mode (had a single green light illuminated) and the software said the update had started. Within about 20 seconds a box came up saying 'Unable to download update Please check your internet connection or try later'. I have tried updating several times but i always get this message. I have checked the internet settings for the Sony PC Companion software and it says it can see the internet ok and I have run several ADSL speed tests which show I have a stable internet connection of around 12Mbps, so why can't I update? Also I attempted this update at 4am as I thought the servers may be busy during the daytime

Not impressed Sony not impressed at all Angry Face

Jonty

PS I attempted this update at 4am as I thought the servers may be busy during the daytime

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

try installing th latest version of SUS

If you got time then please visit here:::::::::::::::::

Custom Roms::

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/56689?tstart=0

If you are rooted then please visit

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/56641?tstart=0

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/56642?tstart=0

If you want to root:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Please Mark

• Correct Answers
  • Helpful Answers
The most profound technology is the one that vanishes quickly
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Success!! I tried using the PC update this morning and to my relief it worked first time. I can only guess that there was an issue with the servers at Sony being overloaded or offline.

Many thanks to all who replied

Jonty