account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Problem when using camera flash

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Problem when using camera flash

Hi,

I am having a great time with my Xperia U. The only problem I am facing is that when I use flash while clicking pics, the pic becomes almost white, that is, the actual contents have very little visibility. I have tried tweeking all the settings (whitebalance, scene settings, exposure value, etc.A friend of mine has the same phone. His camera settings were exactly same as mine (each and every possible setting). I clicked a pic from both of them holding side by side with flash on. The pic from his camera was perfect.

The one possible reason for this that I can think on that there is a thin polythene covering on the lens ans flash (this is visible if you open the back cover). My friend's phone had the cover only on the lens but not on flash.

1. Is this actually a problem ?

2. Can I remove this cover, if yes, will there be a warranty issue accompanied (will the warranty be void after I remove this cover)

This cover is just placed on it and can very well come out of its own (but hasn;t come out of my phone yet Dizzy Face

Please suggest what is to be done.

Thanks a lot. Slightly smiling Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problem when using camera flash

Yes, there is some kind of protector over the camera lens, just remove it and it will fix whitish pics. No, it wont make ur phones warranty void.

4 REPLIES 4
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Yes, there is some kind of protector over the camera lens, just remove it and it will fix whitish pics. No, it wont make ur phones warranty void.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Remove the back cover and u'll see a protective cover over the lens.....remove it and njoyy ur camera (although it's not that good)Winking Face

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks so much guys..Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thank you so much Slightly smiling Face