account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

No Sound for incoming calls,no sound in music player in xperia U

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

No Sound for incoming calls,no sound in music player in xperia U

Hi

After the ICS update, i m facing various annoying issues which hampers basic functionality of a phone.

the most frustrating thing is that,when we removed the headphones i m not able to hear any sound for the incoming calls.

Even not able to hear sound from music player but was able to hear notfication and call ringtones !!Anguished Face

Rarely it solves automatically for some time. Because of this issue i have to talk to the calls either in speaker mode or through bluetooth !!Angry Face

If the basic purpose of calling gets defeated what is the use of Smartphone!!??? Angry FaceThinking FaceSlightly frowning Face

tried SUS updated, reset, restart so on.. persisting with the problem for last 7 days...

No solution...

If you are chruning out mobies like T J Z A B C and not bothered about existing customers / phones they gonna ruin themselves...

Please provide a solution, else i quit ....

5 REPLIES
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: No Sound for incoming calls,no sound in music player in xperia U

try doing a factory reset im not sure if this will fix ur issue just try it if u want to

i dont take responsibility for any data lost in the process

if this helped please mark as correct Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your response.. tired all those things still not working Slightly frowning Face...

Master
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Then it might be related to hardware. To get it fixed you need to send in the phone to a service center for repair.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hey Krish,

Pl. follow my below link for the solution. Even i was facing the probs similar to you but now m not facing it anymore.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/281855#281855

Let me know if it solves your prob.

AnDy

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

hi

I have the same problem, i've done everything but still not working, this problem happened after ICS update !

please help...