account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

My sony Xperia U is restarting automatically

SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

My sony Xperia U is restarting automatically

Hi All,

I bought new sony xperia U 15 days back phone is good but i am facing following problems  please help me in this regard

problems:

1) My phone get restarts automatically some times

2) Some times Data traffic symbol(H) will not disappear even datatrafic is disabled

- when this issue appears i am not able to access internet  event after enabling data traffic also

- Issue resoles after restart of the phone its irritating to reastart phone again and again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: My sony Xperia U is restarting automatically

repair your phone with either SUS or PCC

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

18 REPLIES 18
Emperor
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

repair your phone with either SUS or PCC

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

Thanks for the info, It works great....!

Emperor
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Anytime

Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

One time poster
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

hi ,

Same problem. even after doing repair. it is still restarting qutomatically Slightly frowning Face Crying Face

just 1 week back i got my mobile. this problem occurs from the day i bought the mobile.

please suggest a way to repair it.

Emperor
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

how old is your SIM card? is it a mini sim or did you trimmed it? if the later then get a brand new mini sim card

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

One time poster
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

hi uliwolly,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

how old is your SIM card? is it a mini sim or did you trimmed it? if the later then get a brand new mini sim card

Its a normal sim and is about 3yrs old. I didnot do anything other than inserting it into my mobile as in user guide. BTW, i could make calls , send messages and connect to net. etc

And i dont under stand ll this has anything to do with the mobile functionality?

Many thanks.

Emperor
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

I would still replace it, 3years old it's quite old, it will help to narrow down the issue.

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

One time poster
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

HI uiwolly,

yes i will try that. but it might take take some time. and may i know th reason?