account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Is it a good idea to upgrade my xperia U?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Is it a good idea to upgrade my xperia U?

I read the posts from the other persons and I think its not a good idea what do you mean?

Hier das ganze nochma in Deutsch Winking Face

Ich hab die posts von den anderen Xperia U besitzern gelesen und halte deswegen icht viel von diesem upgrade  was meint ihr dazu?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Re: Is it a good idea to upgrade my xperia U?

I think its an good idea, course you will get more Apps and have more funktions

Jetzt auch noch mal DeutschSlightly smiling Face

Mit 4.0 krigst du mehr apps die erst ab 4.0+ verfügbar sind (z.B Google Chrome usw.), und Sony hat ein paar neue Funktionen bei ICS hinzugefügt, allerdings wird die Batterie schneller leer. Der RAM wird laut vielen Leuten voller, aber bei dem ARC S von meinem Freund hatte man sogar mehr RAM frei. Ich selbst habe das Update noch nicht, (Ich möchte wegen Garantieverlust nicht das Flashtool benutzen) aber ich finde man sollte es machen.

9 REPLIES 9
Demigod
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

You should definitely upgrade to the latest software

It ensure stability issues and all

Please mark

• Correct Answers
  • Helpful Answers
The most profound technology is the one that vanishes quickly
One time poster
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

If you are having no problems working with GB, I would advise you not to upgrade to ICS.

512 MB RAM of U is just not enough and the phone slows down while performing the general features like calling/texting!

One time poster
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Try factory-reseting. It will definitely speed things up.

and OP- You should definitely update to ICS! It looks awesome!

Adviser
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

You should definitely upgrade to the latest software It ensures stability issues and all important, helpful and needed performance on your device. However you may have some doubts, as do many people... You can always be safe at mind with every update due to Sony trying their hardest with each and every device, software update and customer. Further more if you do decide to update and are not completely satisfied you can always downgrade very easily, or just repair the update. Instruction below.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/41609

Please mark

• Correct Answers
  • Helpful Answers
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

It is always advisable to upgrade your phone to the latest software...it has some cool new features.....Don't forget to do a factory settings restore...!!!

Demigod
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I think its an good idea, course you will get more Apps and have more funktions

Jetzt auch noch mal DeutschSlightly smiling Face

Mit 4.0 krigst du mehr apps die erst ab 4.0+ verfügbar sind (z.B Google Chrome usw.), und Sony hat ein paar neue Funktionen bei ICS hinzugefügt, allerdings wird die Batterie schneller leer. Der RAM wird laut vielen Leuten voller, aber bei dem ARC S von meinem Freund hatte man sogar mehr RAM frei. Ich selbst habe das Update noch nicht, (Ich möchte wegen Garantieverlust nicht das Flashtool benutzen) aber ich finde man sollte es machen.

Adviser
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

By upgrading software you are garenteed to the highest of standards by Sony. You should not feel in anyway in risk of these processes and in addition feel like you are receiving the best capabilities for you mobile device. In conclusion you should update your phone - no matter what device it is. GOOD LUCK Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Danke für die Antworten die haben mir alle ziemlich viel gebracht. Habe aber das ST25i model daher muss ich auch noch warten

And again in English:

Thx for the much anwswers you helped me much. But I´ve got the ST25i so I must wait.Slightly smiling Face