account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

How to use internet from laptop through wifi

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: How to use internet from laptop though wifi

no need to be rude to ppl who are REALLY trying to help you even tho they don't understand you much because your english is so bad...

and yes... what you are trying to do is called reverse-tethering. rosie-posie is CORRECT.

if you don't know what that is go and get yourself educated instead of bashing on others...

ungrateful idiot...

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Re: How to use internet from laptop through wifi

if you have internet working on your laptop and you want make your laptop a wifi hotspot, use one of the following:

connectify

virtual router

just google it and download, I use Connectify.

One time poster
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Dear English expert

pradeeprk4

Reverse tethering available on rooted phone only.. Now tell me how much day going on that xperia U launched??? If i am in warranty whats need to rooted??

And onething i asked simple question "how to use internet from laptop to xaperia U via wifi?""

Just simple word you can not understand so why you are doing forum positng..

And onething marking that's symbol Angry Face is not represent rude..  I think you are just borm baby of forum posting..

When you see that Rosie-Posie is girl then both of you show your useless men personallity...

Remember this tech support forum none of yours flirting forum...

One time poster
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Thank you raja..... Winking Face

Visitor
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Where did I mention reverse tethering in my reply?

I suggested you a couple of software to use your laptop as a wifi hotspot, so that you can connect your phone to that wifi and use laptop's internet.

Infact, the link provided fby raja is for virtual router. Read the reply fully (or rather carefully) before replying.

btw, first learn to be respectful to the people in the forum, we all need to help each other with the problems.

Hope you'll understand what I mean.

One time poster
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

i want to giving respect all of you but thing is that some people dont want it Crying Face.. (i am not mention u Smiling Face with Heart-eyes)

reverse tethering said by rosie..

One time poster
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Hey guys,

If u need to share your laptops internet connection to your phone via wi-fi you dont need to root your phone and wi-fi retether and all. There are 3 ways of doing it :

1. just download mhotspot lite, its a portable exe file u dont even need to intall it .then create a access point bt you will also have to change wi-fi settings by selecting the advanced option.

a.USE   STATIC IP

b.CHANGE IP TO 192.168.137.2

c.GATEWAY 192.168.137.1

d.NETMASK 255.255.255.0

e.DNS 1 TO 8.8.8.8

f.DNS 2 TO 8.8.4.4

AND ITS DONE !!!

2. Second option is to use connectify to set up an access point with above settings.

3. Third option is to use a virtual router.

second and third options are little messy as use need to install the applications and need to change some internal wifi router setting in the PC.

Guys try this if u have any doubts ask me .... Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

On a lighter note, loved reading the conversations Winking Face.

I hope we will try to understand and help each other in the best possible ways..

One time poster
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

You are Welcome Slightly smiling Face