account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

How to root ICS .54 update?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: How to root ICS .54 update?

Yes just delete it and see what happens. You will be amazed :smileygrin: Dizzy Face

The most profound technology is the one that vanishes quickly
One time poster
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

jatinrungta - don't play with me Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes  Can I delete bootanimation.zip or not? Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Demigod
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

LOL yes you can. you will get android logo instead of any thing

One time poster
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Hehe, yes you are right. I renamed it to bootanimationX.zip and it shows green ANDROID logo instead of XPERIA logo

Demigod
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Anything else you deleted Dizzy Face?? just asking

One time poster
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

No no, only that .zip Slightly smiling Face I learned from my previous mistake when I deleted folder System/App , where are all .APK files. I thought that they are used only when user wants to install app. But there are many .APK files used by OS permanently. Phone hanged, I received appr. hundred of errors and never booted again Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes  Noone on xda answered me so I tried it... Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes  From that time I'm carefull with deleting

Demigod
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

LOL