account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Home Screen Not Working

SOLVED
Highlighted
9E
One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Home Screen Not Working

``Unfortuntely, Xperia Home has stopped`` keeps popping up on my screen which is preventing me from using my phone. what should i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Screen Not Working

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I would suggest that you try to boot your phone into safe mode to see if the problem may be related to any 3rd party app that you have installed in your phone:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

If you are able to access the phone in safe mode. Try to clear data for Xperia home under settings > apps > all > Xperia home > clear data. 

If the behavior persists in safe mode I would suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion: 

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

In PC Companion, press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phone/tablet software > click on the blue highlight (Repair my phone/tablet). Do this without the phone connected. Follow the instructions on screen to perform the repair.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

3 REPLIES 3
Master
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I would suggest that you try to boot your phone into safe mode to see if the problem may be related to any 3rd party app that you have installed in your phone:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

If you are able to access the phone in safe mode. Try to clear data for Xperia home under settings > apps > all > Xperia home > clear data. 

If the behavior persists in safe mode I would suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion: 

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

In PC Companion, press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phone/tablet software > click on the blue highlight (Repair my phone/tablet). Do this without the phone connected. Follow the instructions on screen to perform the repair.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi, 

i have the same problem with the Xperia home, and eventually with other apps, like package installer or Whatsapp.

I have a Sony Xperia E3 that recently had crashed so many times. I tried to repair via PC Companion, but the phone works fine a few days and then again the problems. What should i do?

It is a shame, because was very satisfied with the phone until this..

Thanks

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

The home screen on my mobile is not working