account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Camera/Picture quality before/after bootloader unlock Xperia U

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Camera/Picture quality before/after bootloader unlock Xperia U

Before I unlock my xperia U bootloader I want to know If there is a chance of reduction in camera image quality . Like xperia Z3 ,where unlocking bootloader reduces image quality and remove noise reduction algorithm, is there any possibility of the same for xperia u? (I know I'll loose my DRM keys and I will not able to download the "Music info ' from gracenote,(I am okay with it). Please let me know about the Image quality after the unlock bootloader?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Re: Camera/Picture quality before/after bootloader unlock Xperia U

In order to backup your TA partition you need to have Root without unlocking your bootloader

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

13 REPLIES 13
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Yes you will loose image quality but if you are wanting to root then you don't need to unlock your bootloader on the Xperia U but if you want to install custom Roms then yes you do

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Sage
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Why not backing up your TA partition.?
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

In order to backup your TA partition you need to have Root without unlocking your bootloader

Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Thanks
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Thanks, I'll backup my TA partition.

Rookie
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Hi,

I have unlocked my bootloader without backing up my TA partition. And I lost my DRM keys and Camera Image quality.

But I have been digging around and found the fix for DRM keys here 

and now can download Gracenote music info. So hoping there might be away to even restore the camera quality by placing some lib file like some .apk or .so files. I need it badly . Please let me know.

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

If there is a way then you'll probably find the answer on XDA

Learner
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Where can I find details of fixing DRM keys?

Emperor
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

@sinbrad

You can't fix them, sorry. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)