account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Are there any 'happy' ICS user?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Talent
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Are there any 'happy' ICS user?

Not very happy...

Although there are many new and usefull features in ICS, but It works much slower than 2.3.7 after boot over 1day...

Sometimes, the basic incoming phone call is very slow too.

When a phone call incoming, the phone start vibrating very quickly, but it takes a little time to turn on the screen, and more time to play the ringtone.

When I can catch the call, it already take more than 10seconds...

Visitor
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

Thats a serious problem. I am more scared about the irresponsive touch screen that many are experiencing even after repairing by PCC.

One time poster
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

dont be afraid, as long as you did everything correct then everything will be just fine, just follow the instructions that Arnab did, most of the users here that is encountering problems maybe are the one who did it with something wrong but they are not aware of it, me too have encountered some problems when i update to ICS but that problem has been gone now.

One time poster
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

Just wondering why you haven't got ICS update. My SI number is also 1261-8812. Besides it is a smuggled to China. When isntalling PC Companion I choose  the country Iran instead of China. ICS update comes afterwards.

In my experience with ICS these days. It is really not responsive compared to GB. I think the repairing function in PCC is the same as factory reset. but it does not fix the lag problem. A dual core CPU is crying but he can not give a hand.

Visitor
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

Great you got ICS. But how come?! See ICS Update statistics (http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/53955?start=0&tstart=0) none of the SI 1261-8812 guys got ICS. Is the number written in the battery back or just in the box? Sometimes they differ specially when they are smuggled. Or it might happen by the little trick you did by changing country. My handset is also bought from grey market because Sony does not have sales centre here. That's another reason to worry because I don't have any warranty. Do you have touch response problem otherthan the laggyness? Please do let me know your real SI.

One time poster
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

im one.. super happy

One time poster
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

Very happy again. I destroyed my ICS (hard deleting of System\App\*.apk files - never delete those .APK files !!!) and repaired ICS via SUS and my brand new ICS is still so good as was that before. I rooted once again, deleted apps, fine-tuned...

One time poster
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

I read the number from battery back. You know, as it is a smuggled product, I have never seen the box. Is there any other method of finding SI number. For me, it just worked when choosing Iran and just didn't work when choosing China.

One time poster
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

Yes although there are issues. Camera click delay. Takes between 5-10 seconds from when u click the shutter button to when the pic is actually taken. Sometimes there is a delay when u receive a phonecall and when u can actually answer it. Sometimes u cannot answer the call because the answer call does not pop up. That's a major issue. Videos now have vertical black lines when movement is shown. Walkman is erratic. Music starts and stops randomly. Same with the radio. I will wait two weeks to see if there will be a patch for these bugs.

And this is an official ics downloaded via sus

One time poster
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

I had flashed French ICS, ufater that updated oficially via SUS, destroyed it by my intervention during some tests, installed new ICS via SUS but I didn't noticed any of your problems. It looks that something is running in your system and consumpts CPU. That's why you notice delays during standard operations with phone