account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Adobe Flash Player for ICS not installing

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Adobe Flash Player for ICS not installing

Have just updated to ICS and after the restart there was a message about flash player being disabled and that it should be reinstalled. Can't remember the exact details.

Flash player does not show on my phone as an installed app, but is shown as installed on my phone when I view google play store on my PC. If I try to install again from the PC is says "Oops, we had trouble with this request..". So I can't uninstall to reinstall it.

Youtube videos play fine on the phone, but I can't play certain episodes of BBC radio programs that I used to be able to before upgrading to ICS and I suspect it's a flash player issue.

Any one have any ideas?

Update

Adobe Flash Player 11 is shown under "All" in "My Apps" as not installed, When I select install and "accept & download" it says "adobe flash player 11 could not be downloaded due to an error. (error while retreiving information from server [RPC:AEC:0])"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Re: Adobe Flash Player for ICS not installing

Followed instructions in this link http://forums.adobe.com/message/4675670 and downloaded and installed Flash Player 11.1.for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.27).

6 REPLIES 6
Demigod
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

ICS does not support flash

The most profound technology is the one that vanishes quickly
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

adobe is not supporting it officially in ICS but you can install it.

go to adobe flash website and if you click install you'll be redirected to playstore app to download flash.

If you search in play store, it will not show up but going to adobe website works.

Visitor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi can you advise what the URL was and which browser and user agent setting you used. Can't find it for the life of me.

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I got there by googling "adobe flash" in in my phone browser. you try it.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

just go to adobe web site and download older version of flash under heading android4.0 easy works flawlessly. pleased with the update however wish I could remove chrome as I use Firefox and it's so much easier and doesn't crash randomly!

Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Followed instructions in this link http://forums.adobe.com/message/4675670 and downloaded and installed Flash Player 11.1.for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.27).