account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

3G issue Xperia U

SOLVED
Talent
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

3G issue Xperia U

New problem :smileygrin: I can't get 3G access in my network even though the network settings are ok, the phone settings are ok and still I'm stuck in 2G status. The same SIM gets 3G on Samsung Ace same conditions. Also SE K610i gets the 3G signal. Obviously it's about settings because choosing WCDMA only doesn't get any signal, only GSM. What can I do? Already did reset settings factory and data. To see how it works: the carrier sends me to the phone manufacturer, the phone manufacturer sends me to the carrier to find the problem. It's not them, it's me.

Network: Cosmote Romania

Phone settings network mode: WCDMA/GSM

Android 2.3.7 build 564

No updates available for now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: 3G for Xperia U

You may need to change the SIM card, as sometimes older SIMs don't work properly with newer phones.

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

You may need to change the SIM card, as sometimes older SIMs don't work properly with newer phones.

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

try using wcdma only setting.

I've been hearing alot of these 3g problems from romania lately. Neutral Face

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Talent
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I already said that, only WCDMA doesn't get any signal.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Ghencea, My phone is working fine for 3G and 2G data networks. The network switches depending upon signal strenght if you choose wcdma/2g both. My build is B.1.564 ! I have not dared to update phone beyond this build. and I live in IndiaSlightly smiling Face.

I think since your build is B.1.564, the problem is with sim or network in Romania