account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia transfer app

Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

xperia transfer app

how can i transfer data from my old xperia x to my new xperia xz,when trying to connect using wifi,an error occurs ,and when trying to use the pc companion the back up data that is saved just doesn't make sense

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: xperia transfer app

@andrew49

Use the latest version of Xperia Transfer app on both devices, and try to backup to the cloud.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Both versions of the app are up-to-date surely the Xperia transfer would be quicker when both phones are connected to the same wifi router and are sat next to each other 

Pioneer
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@andrew49

What kind of error do you get? Did you manage to pair the devices? Xperia transfer uses the WiFi Direct service, not the WiFi router. 

Pioneer
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Better use Xperia Companion, somehow it is more reliable.

Like I know it Xperia Transfer has it's good and it's bad days.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Rookie
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

using the companion to transfer data/files was like looking at a knitting pattern,there is nothing in it that says transfer saved data in one easy step,instead it's a case of click on this file,open-,then choose another file,open,then choose another file,i ended up with a list of about 30 folders,   ball ache if you ask me,ended up using the cloud transfer otion(it spoke english on both devices,in other words it told you exactly what to do)

Adviser
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

How do you transfer your data from an old Sony phone to another new Sony phone? Just copying and pasting thousands of data from the Android phone to computer, and then move them from computer to another Android mobile? Don't you think it is complex? Any shortcut to transfer text messages from Sony to Sony? Of course we have! An extraordinary transferring tool like Phone Transfer is an outstanding phone to phone SMS transfer tool to help you transfer not only SMS, but also contacts, photos, videos, music, apps and more between Sony devices. It can not only transfer contact, phone numbers and text content, but also can copy sent and received time, and other more information related to text messages.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Well don't worry as after updating to pie I can't select apps to transfer at all...