account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

android 9 issue?

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

android 9 issue?

Just updated xz2 compact to android 9.0 and in the mobile transfer it now will not allow apps to be backed up. it says not supported on this device and is greyed out. I use the mobile transfer app a lot to do regular recovery backups for my phone and occasionaly restore to another xperia phone as a backup...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: android 9 issue?

Hello everyone, I apologize for the very late reply to your questions regarding Xperia transfer and applications in Android Pie.

You can read more about this on the link below.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz3/faq/category/8019307401f9a631c016579107a8a005dc5/

Thank you for your questions and once again, I apologize for the late reply.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Anybody?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

4 weeks and not a reply with this rather bad fault or problem... the backup is not virtually useless to backup or transfer to a new phone if you cannot do apps anymore...

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Yip android 9 update backups are flakey XPERIA backup does not work at all on XZ Premium.  Xperia Companion wont even back up.

googles native backup works some what but won't work for device spacific settings 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Yeah Android 9 right now on the Xperias is quiet buggy and broken. Needs time to get it perfect or atleast daily driver material.

Regards,

Shane.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hello everyone, I apologize for the very late reply to your questions regarding Xperia transfer and applications in Android Pie.

You can read more about this on the link below.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz3/faq/category/8019307401f9a631c016579107a8a005dc5/

Thank you for your questions and once again, I apologize for the late reply.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post