account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Xperia transfer mobile has been "Preparing for transfer" for two hours

Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia transfer mobile has been "Preparing for transfer" for two hours

I have a new Z5 Premiun Dual.

I am trying to transfer "everything?" from my Z3.

Xperia transfer mobile has been "Preparing for transfer, nearly there..." for two hours.

Is this a sign that it is very busy or that it has failed?

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia transfer mobile has been "Preparing for transfer" for two hours

Hi @jamesviago,

Try doing the Xperia Transfer using Xperia Companion.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

so, sort of resolved it another way.

i tried the "via the cloud" option, and it informed me that the sending device had insufficient space to prepare the upload. so, deselected most apps until the upload would fit, and ran it.

so i have about 1/3 of my aps transferred, and all settings.

now, hopefully, can transfer the other apps in batches...

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Trying to transfere data from my old Xperia Z3(D6603) to the new Xperia XZ Premium the app got stuck while "preparing". After freeing up space on the old device, the transfrer worked for all but one app.

So thank you jamesviago.

And to who ever is in charge of the app, maybe make an update that'll enable some kind of "insufficent memory" error message, and if some thing can't be transfered (like in my case 1 of 40 apps) let us know what is was that couldn't be transfered.

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: XZ never finishes xperia transfer from previous Xperia Z3 phone.
I have the SAME problem - I have tried EVERY which way to transfer my data.

Thankfully I have had google transfer the contacts and apps had to be re downloaded.

SD card to transfer all the other photos etc

No way to transfer call logs or past messages.

REALLY RUBBISH SOFTWARE SONY !

I Don't see any use in the companion program OR the transfer as it seams to be fairly useless.

It worked (sort of) for my Z1 - Z3 (PC transfer only).

There is never any error message - only "nearly there......." forever...

THIS time (Z3 - XZ PREMIUM) it's been useless.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Exactly the same problem for me. No transfer using Xperia Companion (Win 10 Home) or the Xperia Transfer app works. Couldn't find any working way yet to transfer my stuff from my old Z1C to my new XZ1C.

Wi-Fi: never finishes connecting after pin was entered

Cloud: preparation of app upload on old device gets stuck at app #11

SD card: old device won't read the card anymore

Really frustrating. Let me know if i can help in that matter. I'd be willing to do any tests if this helps sorting out this annoying problem which already had kept my figuring out things for three days now.

Else of that i really love my new Xperia.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

LOL. What a mockery of us customers/loyalists! 
Xperia Z5 Premium is absolutely the worst phone ever made by Sony. I have been a Sony loyalist for over 10 years and Sony cannot even accept a fault. I have the same issue while transferring between both my Z5 Premiums (yes, i unfortunately made the mistake of giving the same model a second chance coz I thought it was just bad luck my first motherboard died). One Sony centre accidentally accepted there is a major SW error and/or manufacturing fault in this model and they would be willing to reimburse me, but then later reverted their stance after talking to superiors. I have been stuck wasting over 1000 euros in less than 2 years. Wish phone makers were held accountable for defects like automobile makers and resolve with callbacks. 
If the Xperia transfer does not work, why not resolve it instead of boasting about ease of transfer and suggesting customers to try alternate methods everytime?
This will be my last Sony phone ever, and that includes 12 Sony phones within my extended family.
No economic responsibility for thei defects and always resorting to geographical & software-related fine-print to get away from servicing. No thanks!