account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Transfer finds no content to transfer on iCloud

SOLVED
Learner
Message 31 of 40
Message 31 of 40

Re: Xperia Transfer finds no content to transfer on iCloud

I have had a similar experience trying to transfer data from my iPhone 5S to Xperia XZ. "No content found". 

Ive had the new phone for a month and still don't use it because of this issue. Needless to say, this is very frustrating. 

I bought a USB OTG cable to bypass all these iCloud issues. All info available from Sony suggests that I should connect the cable in the SIM card slot! And of course it doesn't fit anywhere else. 

Like others on this forum, after nearly 10 years of being a faithful iPhone user I thought it was time to give not just Android but Sony a try. To date I have not been impressed. 

Anyone looking for a totally unused Xperia XZ 64 twin SIM phone? It's really pretty (forest blue) but just won't transfer your data from iOS. Reasonable offers considered. 

What say you Christofer?

One time poster
Message 32 of 40
Message 32 of 40

I am having the same issue transferring from iPhone 5s to Xperia X compact. Halp please?
Learner
Message 33 of 40
Message 33 of 40

Still no answer. 

Rookie
Message 34 of 40
Message 34 of 40

Re: No content found while trying to transfer content from icloud

I bought a new XZ 3 days ago and have spent countless hours this weekend trying to transfer data from my IPhone 6.

This is an absolute disgrace on so many fronts.. first of all, how can Sony NoT include an OTG cable? Best Buy doesn't have it, no one does.. need to wait 2 days for Amazon to deliver it

I tried every possible way and was stunted at every turn
- ICloud doesn't work.
- Sony companion doesn't work - hangs every **bleep** time
- the Sony apps don't work
- loading from ITunes backup hangs and fails

This is an absolute disgrace for a once well respects product

I'm giving it one more chance with the OTG cable tomorrow - else, to heck with this, I'm returning it and letting everyone know what a disaster this crap is
Rookie
Message 35 of 40
Message 35 of 40

It's absolutely disgraceful that they didn't include a $2 OTG cable, especially knowing there was an issue to begin with
Rookie
Message 36 of 40
Message 36 of 40

SO frustrating!!!! Just spent 2 hours backing up my iPhone on iCloud and spent money to add the GB deal for storage. Then transfer revealed 'no content found'. now I read this forum that tells me it doesn't transfer via wifi if you have 10.3 version iOS!!!!! Furious joke! Why not include the freaken cable then if you can't figure out the technology to upgrade! Com on Sony! This is a nightmare and should be EASY!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to go to jbihifi to purchase a cable! Also so frustrating with the fact that it won't charge properly without an official tiny cable cord less than 10 cm long?  The battery is crap! Unbelievable! And I can't get a cable to charge properly without a proper Sony charger give me a break! FIX NOW I WILL TELL ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMIKY ABOUT THIS EXPERIENCE! 

Rookie
Message 37 of 40
Message 37 of 40

Okay so now I've been to j bi hifi who told me these cables (micro USB to USB A OTG cable) are now obsolete! THANKS A LOT SONY WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY FREAKEN NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!! Never will I recommend getting this phone again. iCloud doesn't work with 10.3 to transfer and now the cable you recommend is no longer available!? What a joke! What do you suggest?!?! 

One time poster
Message 38 of 40
Message 38 of 40

same problem , NOV2017 , trying to transfere contacts, text and call log to xperia XA(f3113) and it fails if i use transfere thro icloud i get no contact found , while i have a back up, i even made my icloud two factors verfication on and still not working , thro a computer xperia companion , still get failed to transfere , my itune backup is not encrypted and my ios is 11.1

i think that doesnt work , too bad for sony to have a failier like that

One time poster
Message 39 of 40
Message 39 of 40

Same issue here. Going from iPhone 6 to sony xz3. I have 100% backed up full iPhone to icloud. Using sony setup option to transfer from icloud getting the 'no content found'.  Been at this for 3 days and it's bugging the life out me. Not sure if I regret leaving iPhone or just despise them more. This is the reason I HATE TECHNOLOGY. Tad dramatic maybe, but it's driving me insane. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 40 of 40
Message 40 of 40

So how about downloading iCloud content to a computer and then transferring it from a computer to Xperia? Although it may be more complicated, it is still worth trying. Or use some gadgets to transfer everything from iCloud to Xperia at once, such as the Fone Toolkit software.