account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

XZ never finishes xperia transfer from previous Xperia Z3 phone.

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: XZ never finishes xperia transfer from previous Xperia Z3 phone.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to install Xperia Companion. Slightly smiling Face

Just let me know if you need further assistance.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

I am having the same issue transfering from z3 to new xz over wifi. Transfer is stuck on restoring and has been so for a few hours. 

Windows transfer did not work. 

I want to cancel to try another method but it comes up with warning "are you sure you want to cancel the process? Transferred content cannot be reinstated."

What does this mean? will all my data be lost? lots of important phone numbers and photos on the old device.

I have always had issues transferring with xperia devices, love the phones this is my third but the transfer app is junk.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

Hi @PeteRobbo, sorry to be hear that. Slightly frowning Face

I realize that this answer comes a bit late but Xperia Transfer copies the data from one device to another so you can choose to cancel the transfer if you wish.

Were you able to complete the transfer using this or another method?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Having the same problem, sadly doesn't seem to be fixed as of now. 

One time poster
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Having same problem with xz premium from z5 and keeps saying no email data anyone have any idea what to do? I've tried lots of times but it always comes up reading error i don't have a pc or access to one

Apprentice
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

Same problem here, and my new phone - Xperia XZs - is newer than the others here. Downloaded the Xperia Transfer app to my Xperia Z3v, and even with the most up to date version of the app on both my phones it hangs up on step 5 of 6 "Preparing for Transfer" with the message "Nearly there..." and that annoying spinning circle.

I've attmpted all combination of settings with the NFC and Bluetooth toggles, I've gone to the Wifi Direct setting in the Wifi advanced settings, I've uninstalled the app (old phone only, new phone doesn't let you uninstall it) and went through 5 Sony/Android software updates when I first booted the phone. I've attempted the NFC back to back method, and I've also attempted to transfer to the SD card in my original Z3v. Every single attempt ends in the same Step 5 of 6 hanging up at "Nearly There..."

This is infuriating. Now I guess I'll have to use XPeria Companion. I've used that and Sony=p

Sony Xperia Z3v
Apprentice
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

Same problem here, and my new phone - Xperia XZs - is newer than the others here. Downloaded the Xperia Transfer app to my Xperia Z3v, and even with the most up to date version of the app on both my phones it hangs up on step 5 of 6 "Preparing for Transfer" with the message "Nearly there..." and that annoying spinning circle.

I've attmpted all combination of settings with the NFC and Bluetooth toggles, I've gone to the Wifi Direct setting in the Wifi advanced settings, I've uninstalled the app (old phone only, new phone doesn't let you uninstall it) I've rebooted both phones numerous time and had to endure 5 Sony/Android software updates when I first booted the phone. I've attempted the NFC back to back method, and I've also attempted to transfer to the SD card in my original Z3v. Every single attempt ends in the same Step 5 of 6 hanging up at "Nearly There..."

This is infuriating. Now I guess I'll have to use XPeria Companion. I've used that and Sony Media GO on my PC before, and they're both very non-intuitive programs the way they are set up on the console. Come on Sony, it's time to get your software to be as awesome as the hardware.

Sony Xperia Z3v
One time poster
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

Same here. Xperia Transfer is in infinite loop in my old Xperia Z5 while stating "just there", and after hours no change at all. And even no sign of WiFi activity...

Visitor
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

I have the SAME problem - I have tried EVERY which way to transfer my data.

Thankfully I have had google transfer the contacts and apps had to be re downloaded.

SD card to transfer all the other photos etc

No way to transfer call logs or past messages.  

REALLY RUBBISH SOFTWARE SONY ! 

I Don't see any use in the companion program OR the transfer as it seams to be fairly useless.

It worked (sort of) for my Z1 - Z3 (PC transfer only).

THIS time (Z3 - XZ PREMIUM) it's been useless. 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

Having the same exact problem, Z3 to XZ -> tried every possible way (no success)