account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Unused, still there, undeleteable! Why?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Unused, still there, undeleteable! Why?

Can i by any means get rid of this annoying app, taking up space on my phone for nothing. Constantly asking to be updated although you need it only once when having a new phone set up. Talking of using it once, it didn't work the way it is described. Now it has to go. Best would be without rooting. Together with what's new app. I feel like an apple user forcefeeding  unwanted apps down the customers throat instead of leaving him the choice like you would with educated users. Is this the new thinking of japanese companies? That would be a sad development into the wrong direction. So please Sony :listen to your users and be in front of the competition by being as smart as your products are advertised. 

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unused, still there, undeleteable! Why?

@DaJa

I've edited your post as that language it's NOT permitted on this forum, as for preloaded apps, all companies preload apps and services, Sony is the closest to vanilla Android. 

Settings > apps > look for the app > disable. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

You can edit as much as you like. It still doesnt answer my question. I will not understand why i am not left to my own choices over unused or unwanted content. 

Visitor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Disable only works till you start the phone the next time. I don't want to disable it every single day. 

Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@DaJa

Xperia Transfer is a part of Sony's backup & restore system menu, and What's New is the update center of pre-installed Sony apps. So both of them are sort of "system apps", thus you can't actually remove them. I'm afraid that there's nothing you can do about it more than sending your feedback directly to Sony by contacting your Local support.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

There is something i can do about it, but i want a resolution without rooting the phone. Best decision would be to buy another brand that acts like i prefer by leaving it up to me and not bloating systems up. It's a pity because i like the camera. But other makers do have interesting hardware as well. 

Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@DaJa

Good luck finding that phone, even Pixel phones got their own pre-installed Google apps that you can't get rid of.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Nice one being sarcastic to avoid answering to people. There are interesting brands coming up using stock android. I am sure they will be happy to sell. 

Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@DaJa

I'm not being sarcastic, just realistic. And with all said, you should understand that we don't have a "solution" for your concern other than what we suggested.

Topic closed.