account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Not a valid device

One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Not a valid device

I've tried to transfer from xperia xa to xperia l3 using xperia transfer but on l3 it tells me that "receive" is only bailable for xperia device. Both xperia phones! 

6 REPLIES 6
One time poster
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Transfer Mobile App does not have "Receive" option....

Hi,

we try to transfer the data from an old Sony Xperia Phone to a new L3 via the Transfer Mobile app.

But on the new L3, there's only the "Send" data option, and the "Receive" option is greyed out even though it is an Xperia phone.

Why?

Cheers,

Josha

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Not a valid device

Hi @KoostixGY and @Josha, Let me see if I can help out here! 

When it comes down to transferring data from your old phone to your Xperia L3, I suggest that you use Googles backup & restore-function. This way you will be able to transfer mail, calendar, contacts, applications, setting, call history as well as images, videos, music and other document files.

For more information on how to backup your data to your Google account, click herePlease note that if you have already set your Xperia L3 up, you will need to do a factory reset on your Xperia 1 in order to gain access to the setup menu again. When prompted in the setup guide to copy apps & data, tap NEXT followed by choosing A backup from the cloud or A backup from an Android phone. Both options allow you to restore data from Google Drive. 

I hope that helped. let me know if you have further questions!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

My L3 is doing the same as the guys above. For a starf as suggested support staff. We should backup to Google Drive and then restore to the new Xperia. 20Gb up and then 20Gb down. That's okay. 20Gb would take very long in some cases such as where I am where there are too many users on my HLR to warrant even trying that. It would take at least a week to backup. And then it would timeout every night at 12pm when the local network resets their servers. So the thought of doing a 20Gb is then ridiculous. The other point would be that if an app "written" by Sony for the Xperia does not support an Xperia (as it states the Receive button only works on Xperia), does that then mean the Xperia L3 is not an Xperia? Were we doublecrossed in to buying an Xperia that is not an Xperia? 

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I have new Xperia 1 and the Xperia transfer app is incompatible. Old phone is Xperia xz premium.Screenshot_20190715-215033.png

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Mojofilter,

As previously mentioned in the thread, I suggest that you use Googles backup & restore-function. This way you will be able to transfer mail, calendar, contacts, applications, setting, call history as well as images, videos, music and other document files.

For more information on how to backup your data to your Google account, click here or read my earlier post in the thread.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi, similar issue here, transferring from XZ1 Compact to L3. If we transfer direct from "A backup from an old Android phone" it doesn't copy things like SMS and app settings; if we try "A backup from the Cloud", it tells me there isn't a backup attached to my Googlemail account - there is! 2 factory resets on the new phone so far. Xperia Transfer was better than this - why did you get rid of it?