account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't transfer messages from Huawei P9 with Xperia Transfer

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Can't transfer messages from Huawei P9 with Xperia Transfer

Can't transfer messages from Huawei P9 lite 2017 with Xperia Mobile Transfer app.

Everything else seems to go smooth, but Xperia Mobile Transfer app does not even recognize there are any messages to be transfered. 0/0.

I am using genuine Huawei messaging app, but after a while I have decided to install Google's one and it has no issue accessing SMS/MMS, so why does Sony have?

This is actually the only thing I'd like to transfer from the old phone...

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't transfer messages from Huawei P9 with Xperia Transfer

@stachu541

You can use Google's feature called "Set up a nearby device" to transfer almost anything between 2 Android phones. All you need is Bluetooth enabled on both devices and start the process from Settings -> Google settings -> Set up a nearby device -> Follow instructions on the screen.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Unfortunately, this does not work either. Without asking me for any decision, all the old apps have been installed on the new phone, including Huawei bloatware, which combined with Sony's bloatware made phone unusable to the point of a-few-minute-freezing of many apps. I had to restore factory defaults, which obviously does not clean everything as it should, but kind of made phone work. No messages have been transferred though.

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

transferring messages required some protocols to follow if one of them is not working that means your message will be unsent. itunes error 0xe80000a helped me to get some rules.