account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Backed up to cloud - WHERE IS THE CLOUD?

One time poster
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Backed up to cloud - WHERE IS THE CLOUD?

Hi, 

Can someone please help - I backed up to the cloud when my old Xperia Z3 Compact broke via the Xperia Transfer app. I have my new Xperia now (same model) - which cloud is the content backed up to?

There doesn't seem to be any info about this that I can find. 

I signed in via Google but can't find the info on my Google Drive. If I open the Xperia Transfer app on my new phone it doesn't give me an option to restore the backed up content (just asks if I want to back up again). 

Please help! Where is my info backed up??

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Backed up to cloud - WHERE IS THE CLOUD?

@joanna87

I think it should be on SEN cloud (Sony Entertainment Network), login with your Sony account and try again.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

either the SEN Cloud or ( if you picked at your Backup ) Google ( Drive )
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Hi @joanna87,

The backup is made to Google, but it is not accessible outside of Xperia Transfer (you can't see it by signing in to Google's cloud in any way). The backup is only stored for a limited amount of time, did you wait a long time before trying to restore the backup?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I have the same Problem.. I have an Email, which says, that I have 8 days left to download from the cloud, but the app says, that there is no back up. 

Emperor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@Rajesh259 

have you logged in with the same Gmail account on both devices?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Yes, it was the same gmail Account 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@Rajesh259 

have you made any changes to your Gmail account (like changing the password)? what if you restart the whole backup process again?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

The Backup was 20 days ago, and I have deleted all the data from the old mobile., there are 8 days left, to download the backup, but the app says, there is no backup.