account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xperia z tablet is charging but wont turn on

One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

xperia z tablet is charging but wont turn on

hello everyone

i have a sony xperia z tablet and yesterday it was working fine. first all of a suden the headphone jack stopped working and then the volume stopped working as well. even if i turn up, no sound came out. i could not turn it off after that cause the power button would not respond. it was like its frozen. so after some hours the battery drained and now its off and its charging well, when connected to the charger it responds, it lights up and shows the battery charg level and all. but when i try to turn it on, it wont respond.

please help me, im so stuck and i need this device for uni! greatly appreciated

10 REPLIES
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: xperia z tablet is charging but wont turn on

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Please try pressing and hold the volume up and power buttons for about 5 seconds to see if you get any response. If you still have no luck, then please try running a software repair:

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Hi,
The exact same thing has happened to my xperia z tablet. I did try the above solution but my pc does not detect the tablet, when connected. Please help.
Thanks.
Master
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Hi Carsidney,

Did you also try to hold the ON/OFF + volume up(+) button for 5 seconds to see if there are any reactions? Otherwise, if you are unable to perform this software repair, I suggest that you visit nearest service center to have your Tablet examined by a technician. You can contact your Local support for information about nearest service center and/or how to proceed with this in the best possible way.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.WHEN I CONNECT CHARGER SONY DISPLAY COMES ON FOR A WHILE THEN SHOW BATTERY FULLY CHARGED ICON BUT THEN IT WONT POWER ON.EVEN HARD RESET NOT WORKING.DID YOU GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED OR WHAT DID YOU EVENTUALY DO.IM USING EXPERIA Z TAB 10"

Rookie
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Dont want to switch on

Tried all don't want to connect to laptop to update showed charched this is after my boy allowed battery to die completely tried the power and volume button still dead Help
Elite
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Re: Dont want to switch on

@ABsen13

What if you connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 hours 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

I will try it now will let you know thanks
Elite
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@ABsen13

keep us updated

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Didn't work its still dead my battery can't be finish cause i hardly use it