account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tablet z unable to directly download movies from amazon prime video or google play to SD card

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

tablet z unable to directly download movies from amazon prime video or google play to SD card

Hi there,

I've got a tablet z running android 5.1.1, unrooted with the normal sony overlay.  For some reason I can't download movies from google play store or amazon prime video directly to the sd card.  Both apps have the option to do so, but when i tick the option and start the download, it either gets stuck at 0% or fails with an error message: Download error.  Both apps work fine to download to internal memory, but the internal memory is getting full...and i thought that's the whole point of an sd card!  The SD card is also fine and works with other apps, has some data on it (but plenty of free space).

thanks,

Jan

3 REPLIES
Elite
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: tablet z unable to directly download movies from amazon prime video or google play to SD card

@sellja

I'm sorry to hear that, but since those are third party apps, you will have to contact the app developers regarding this issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: tablet z unable to directly download movies from amazon prime video or google play to SD card

so why does it work on every other device I have?  It doesn't strike me as a problem with the app, but a problem specific to the tablet.

Elite
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@sellja

just because an app works with a phone it doesn't mean that it will work fine with other phones, this is something app developers have to address; again, this is a third party app, which means Sony has nothing to do with it

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)