account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

missing web browser small app

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

missing web browser small app

Upgraded to 4.2 on my SGP312 and just noticed I don't have a browser small app anymore. I can add a Chrome bookmarks small app, but tapping a bookmark just launches Chrome in a full browser. I'd like the small browser window back. That was seriously handy!

I looked through the Play Store to no avail. Anyone else noticed this or figured out how to get it back?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Talent
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: missing web browser small app

Edit: Or head to XDA forums, search for small browser..

There is a small app called Webmall for all Small app. I guess this is what can be used as replacement.. I also noticed that the unit converter does not work any more.. Sony had to leave something in there as "Not Working ".. Slightly smiling Face

But on the plus side, you can now launch multiple small apps all floating simultaneously, including a video player I downloaded from app store...and resizeable too...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Talent
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Edit: Or head to XDA forums, search for small browser..

There is a small app called Webmall for all Small app. I guess this is what can be used as replacement.. I also noticed that the unit converter does not work any more.. Sony had to leave something in there as "Not Working ".. Slightly smiling Face

But on the plus side, you can now launch multiple small apps all floating simultaneously, including a video player I downloaded from app store...and resizeable too...

View solution in original post

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

What is the floating video app....sounds good
Talent
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

"VIDEOmall for All Small app"