account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

charging icon for 3 sec then black screen

Rookie

charging icon for 3 sec then black screen

Recently aquired tab z was supposedly left uncharged for 2 years. I replaced the broken screen and when charging it shows a red light near the power button which switches to green after a short time and it shortly shows sony on the screen and then the battery icon for 3-5 sec before going black. Otherwise can't get it to start, no combination of volume and power button etc.

- can these be issues from a dead battery or may these result from another fault?
- Does the charging led normally first show red and switch to green afterwards or is that a sign of a dead battery?
Elite

Re: charging icon for 3 sec then black screen

@Cephony

just let it charge for multiple hours connected to a wall charger and report back. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie

Tried a few times, always the same as previously stated
Elite

@Cephony

You could replace the battery or stop by your Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Rookie

Finally got the tablet to work, replaced the screen and the flexcable for audio jack and power button, however the power button still doesn't work - apart from that the device works fine, any idea about the power button issue though?