account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Triangle and Wrench Logo on start up

Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Triangle and Wrench Logo on start up

Hi,

So my tab did the lollipop update over wifi but then when it was done I couldn't turn the WiFi on.

So i tried doing a repair through PC companion.

Now the tab starts up with the sony logo and gets a triangle with a wrench logo and has been on the same screen the whole time.

It has the blue bar which shows its doing something.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Triangle and Wrench Logo on start up

Hi,

It sounds like the system is repairing itself since you have this progress bar. I suggest that you connect the Tablet to the charger and let work for an hour or two and hopefully it will power on normally afterwards.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

thank you

Its been on that screen for around 2 hours now

Will leave it like that

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

That sounds good. Keep us updated!

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Hi, I left it overnight and it was still on the screen this morning

+-12 hours later

The tablet died as well.

Is there any other way ?

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

How do you mean it died? Did it turn off?

What happens if you try to power it on again? If it powers on again with the same screen, you could perhaps force a shutdown by holding the ON/OFF + volume up(+) button for 5-10 seconds and start the Tablet once again to see if same behaviour appear.

Learner
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Hi Hampus, the battery died and now i have it plugged in on charge.

But it does the same thing again with the wrench screen.

Learner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

If i hold power button and volume up the tab goes off but then switches on imediately

How do i power if off completely

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Disconnect the Tablet from the charger > Hold the ON/OFF + volume up(+) button for 10 seconds and the Tablet should be completely off.

When you connect the Tablet to the charger after this, it should only boot to the display where it shows that it's charging. In this case, I suggest that you perform a new software repair via PC Companion. Do you have the possibility to try this to see if it can help?

Learner
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

hi,

once i do that by holding the power and volume up the tab goes off ...but only when the tab is dead

if the tab is on charge it comes back on immediately and then procedes to the wrench screen

I have tried a repair but they need the tab to be at 80% charge and the tab isnt holding a charge due to it not shutting off