account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z Tablet - Black screen on TV when using MHL adaptor

SOLVED
Regular
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Sony Xperia Z Tablet - Black screen on TV when using MHL adaptor

I used the PC companion to repair / rebuild my tablet. This issue has since returned to my tablet. Ive jsut rebuilt it again but this time its not worked.

Anyone from Sony able to give any more options to get this resolved?

Pete

One time poster
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Visitor
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

After watching that video I just discovered that my Xperzia Z tablet doesn't have the HDMI connection on the side.

Why would that be?

Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Check this link.Are you able to do that?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
The Sony Tablet Z has the ability to use HDMI technology. This allows you to send images and sound to your TV or other HDMI devices via the Xperia Tablet Z.
Regular
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Hi All, Another update. After this issue returned to my tablet i contacted Sony again who recommended i return it for a repair under the warranty. I did this 2 weeks ago and I’ve just had a call from the service centre who told me that it can’t be fixed as it’s a problem with the main board. They have decided to replace my tablet. Unfortunately they don’t carry stock so have had to order a replacement. Once they receive it they will send it out to me. They couldn’t give me a date but said it could be upto 2 weeks.

So if your experiencing this type of issue I’d suggest contacting Sony and getting it sent back under warranty

One time poster
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

hi

I have a Samsung MHL adaptor and I had similar problems with just a black screen. I found you have plug the power in first them the other cables and it worked fine on my Xperia Z tablet wi-fi. It has worked flawlessly for me since then.

Talent
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

removed by birdxx