account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic on Xperia Tablet Z is incredibly quiet; no settings to increase.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 81 of 130
Message 81 of 130

Re: Mic on Xperia Tablet Z is incredibly quiet; no settings to increase.

So of course, this is another problem that has not been fixed but this discussion has been labeled as Assumed Answered.  That's quite an assumption.  They must use those labels to fudge their success statistics.

One time poster
Message 82 of 130
Message 82 of 130

I too am sadly experiencing this problem, which is tarnishing an otherwise excellent device.  It's basically unusable for Skype without talking directly into the top of the tablet.

Samuel, you say that this will be fixed in the next software release.  Do you have a timeframe for this?

SGP311

10.1.C.0.370

Master
Message 83 of 130
Message 83 of 130

Unfortunately I don't have any date for it yet. If I get any information regarding it, I'll make sure to update this thread.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 84 of 130
Message 84 of 130

Hi Samuel, thank you for getting back to us.  I really appreciate it especially considering the terrible service been getting from the Sony mobile team and manager alike on the phone. 

From your reply now and earlier can we consider a confirmation that Sony confirms an issue exists on some or all devices with the mic which can be fixed with a firmware update?

Regards

Wackyz

Master
Message 85 of 130
Message 85 of 130

Yes, that's the information I've received. So hopefully we can get this update out soon and everything will work as intended Slightly smiling Face.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 86 of 130
Message 86 of 130

Thank you for the quick reply. Excellent to hear.  Hope this fixes the mic issue across all applications.

One time poster
Message 87 of 130
Message 87 of 130

Thank you. Do you have a list of affected devices and software versions?

Adviser
Message 88 of 130
Message 88 of 130

Will there also be a fix for the excessive noise that are added to audio on video recordings ?

One time poster
Message 89 of 130
Message 89 of 130

Same issue with my Xperia Z tablet here in the UK LTE version.

One time poster
Message 90 of 130
Message 90 of 130

I saw this on Sony's Twitter today. Who wants to tell its marketing department?

Screenshot_2013-07-23-21-24-20.png