account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many incompatible Apps now

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Many incompatible Apps now

Hello

I ran your software repair facility on my Xperia Z tablet SGP312 as one app was now not loading and coming up as incompatible.

However, now I’ve done that many other apps that I have that ran fine last week are also coming up on Google Play and incompatible with this tablet. Eg the Navionics Boating UK and Holland HD app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.navionics.singleAppUKHollandHD

Some of the app developers tell me that it’s due to my tablet running an old version of Android (it’s running 4.2.2) and that an update should have been issued, but Xperia companion tells me the Tablet is fully up to date.

Please help as this tablet is less than a year old and now I can’t run many of the apps I bought it for.

Many thanks for your help.

Steve

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Many incompatible Apps now

unfortunately this is out of sony's hand,

the restriction on the updates are decided by the app devs, and by google, (soon you wont be able to have the latest google play store)

it says it is latest for the update it was in not the latest available update now,

The only suggestion I can give is to have the apps sideloaded (download them out of the google store, apk files , high risk of malware) or you can use 3rd party firmware to update the device to the latest supported android version ( go to XDA forum for more details)

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling