account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Will Xperia T recieve Android 4.2.2 just like Xperia Z?

SOLVED
GUK
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Will Xperia T recieve Android 4.2.2 just like Xperia Z?

This thread needs bumping. Considering JB 4.2.2 has been out for so long now, I think that everyone who bought the Xperia T as Sony's flagship model up until about a month ago deserves to get it. I don't care if it takes time to "perfect" the Sony UI for it (like turning the phone book white, which nobody wanted or likes), forget that part, just upgrade the Android guts of things. The Xperia T far exceeds the hardware requirements for 4.2.2 so that can't be used as an excuse.

SONY: We know there's no official news on your blog and you'll tell us when there is, that isn't the point. We are asking you to make Android 4.2.2 available for the Xperia T, we aren't asking you whether it's available yet or not, and neither was the question in the title of this thread which is "assumed answered" for some reason.

One time poster
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

so why the official page in Mexico says that the version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) is available, and we can not get it because of the local service provider company TELCEL does not realeses it???

Why Sony have to do what Telcel says?

I really do not understand

http://www.sonymobile.com/mx/software/phones/xperia-t/

Emperor
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

in Mexico Telcel has to approve the updates for both locked and unlocked phones (unless you bought your phone from another country); at least that was true not too long ago.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Visitor
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

I agree because the T model is one of the top Sony`s mode, and the James Bond use it, so it needs to be regulary updated!

Best regards!

One time poster
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

I feel sorry for James Bond and his Xperia T, because if his phone works as our phones, he will be killed soon.

I hope he will never need the 13Mpx camera ( Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes ) or his SD card or a wifi signal... etc etc.

Sorry James, you got a Sony Xperia Phone... Sh*it happens!!!

Apprentice
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

Will the camera get the as patch on the 4.2.2 update ? Can some one on the Sony team write a email to the Sony development team and then publish it?

Is that too much to ask the xperia care team?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

I hope they will somehow, someday...

looks to me like it is a lost battle...

It's sad, but I think the T will keep with this poor quality camera forever.

GUK
Inhabitant
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

You give up, and they'll give up too. We bought the flagship model less than 4/5 months ago, before they spent however much on the TV adverts for the Xperia Z. How about taking a little money out of that pot and just giving the T an update? Or was the T just a rushed release to tie in with Skyfall's release? I think I know the answer. Please prove me wrong.

One time poster
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

It is not giving up GUK.

I started one post here last November, called "About the Camera". Search for it and read.

It does 7 months that other costumers and me, are complaining aobut the ridiculous camera resolution and we never ever got any answer nor an update.

Giving up you said?... no... tired and disappointed... A LOT.

As I said in other post, at the end, due to our experience, I will never ever buy another Sony product... I wont be cheated twice.

To me, the T was just another phone to release due to the latest James Bond movie. Nothing else. It never was a flagship and it never will be. Sony wont allow the T to be the phone that it deserves to be.

When Sony said it was a flagship, THE REAL flagship was closer to be released, the Z. So they lied and cheated us all.

Just tired, my friend, to expect from Sony something that will never arrive.