account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Will Xperia T recieve Android 4.2.2 just like Xperia Z?

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Will Xperia T recieve Android 4.2.2 just like Xperia Z?

It would be nice to know is there any plans for this...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Re: Will Xperia T recieve Android 4.2.2 just like Xperia Z?

in Mexico Telcel has to approve the updates for both locked and unlocked phones (unless you bought your phone from another country); at least that was true not too long ago.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Apprentice
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

I would hope so but it maybe next year,so don't hold your breath!    

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Well, if we have to wait 1 year, then we better go for another phone from another company.

Because when Sony will release the 4.2.2 for the T, it will be old... same as happened with 4.1

They say that it's because Sony works a lot before they release an update... well, seeing all the issues that JB came with...

Not really confident...

One time poster
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

couldn't agree more.. they need to release a new update that fixes all the problems mentioned in this thread. The must take action as soon as possible..

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Currently there's no information available regarding Android 4.2 for Xperia T. As soon as there's any news regarding this it will be communicated on our blog.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Hello! Buy at USA the telephone and comes with android 4.0.4

Somebody can know when will update it in Argentina to the v4.1.2

Thanks! José

---

Xperia TX

Emperor
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

@josell63 do you have the Xperia T or TL or TX? also you could manually update your phone to 4.1.2

How to manually update, downgrade, root 2012 Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/41609

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

ok uliwooly!

Is it necessary if or if having once Sony's software was installed???

Emperor
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

@Josell63 it'll be easier to help you if you create a thread instead of posting similar question all over the forum.

One time poster
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Hola josé. Yo tambien soy de Argentina, y tambien compré el Xperia T en EEUU, en diciembre 2012. Efectivamente vino con 4.0.4, pero aproximadamente  a fines de febrero, salto al actualizacion por  PC companion, y por OTA. Probaste con SUS?