account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Walkman bug not fixed in 9.1.A.1.141 Xperia T

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Walkman bug not fixed in 9.1.A.1.141 Xperia T

Hi Sony,

I've been reading through the discussions about the Walkman bug (the one where music stops playing after a track finishes) and it was promised that the bug would be fixed in the latest software updates. Well, I updated to 9.1.A.1.141 this weekend and the problem persists. I've tried the work-arounds and none have permanently fixed the problem.

Can you offer any other suggestions on how to fix this? I find it odd that after months of people complaining about it and promises that it will be fixed, the problem is still there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Walkman bug not fixed in 9.1.A.1.141 Xperia T

it's wierd what you're telling me, but trust me, .140 and .141 dont have walkman bug anymore.

if you don't manage to install .141 by any means using SEUS, try to

1. download tft file from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2315572

2. install flash tool http://androxyde.github.io/

3. copy tft file in firmwares folder where you installed the flash tool (ex C:\Flashtool\firmwares)

4. start flash tool, clik flash, select the tft file, turn off the phone and connect the usb while pressing volume down (instructions on the screen)

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
One time poster
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Sorry Beldrac

It's the common with the Xperia T. Issues with lots of complaints that are yet not fixed.

You can try, if you like, to reinstall again the software. I usually do.

I install the update, and then, I reinstall. I dont know why, but sometimes it work:

1 - update

2 - Start the phone

3 - reinstall the software.

I know it's stup-id, but sometimes it works for sometime, but have clear that probably, soon or later, it will fail again.

One time poster
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Thanks Daloch, when you say 3 - reinstall the software, do you mean use the PC Companion update suite or SUS, or install the Walkman software again? I just got the phone about a week ago and I'm still figuring out how everything is set up. I had a Motorola before and they were very bad with updates.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

Sorry, I didn't explain well.

I ALWAYS use SUS. There are users that lost the phone updating by Pc Companion.

What I mean is that, once you installed the update, start the phone, til it finish... it always takes a little bit more when you reboot after an update.

Then, turn off the phone, and reinstall the software again.

Do it throuhg SUS.

Time ago I did read here that works and I always do... it takes more time, but sometimes it helps.

Let us know if it's ok for you and the walkman works better.

One time poster
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Okay thanks. The first update I did was through PC Companion, I then checked with SUS for updates and it said everything was up to date, with the option to reinstall. I'll try this to see if it works.

Did you by any chance try reinstalling the SemcMusic.apk as suggested in this thread?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/437790#437790

This would be my next step if it still doesn't work.

One time poster
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Try it first.

If it works, then you save to reinstall all the software. Winking Face

If the phone is ok to you and only fails the walkman, install the apk.

If it still fails, reinstall the software and try again.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

walkman bug was fixed earlier (in previous versions, can't remember). in .140 or .141 it's not present anymore.

i suggest flash a new clean rom using SEUS

One time poster
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

I can confirm it has NOT been fixed in the latest update. I flashed the rom using SUS this morning and the bug persists.

The build number is now: 9.1.A.0.489.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

dude it is not fixed in .489 as far as i remember

install .140 or .141 and it will be fixed

One time poster
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

I had .141 installed after previously using PC companion and when I updated with SUS this morning, it installed .489 build. It didn't work with .141, not sure why SUS installed .489 this morning since it's not the latest update?