account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

To SONY - XPERIA T upgrade to Android 4.2.2

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 67
Message 1 of 67

To SONY - XPERIA T upgrade to Android 4.2.2

Now that you've already 'created' and released the android 4.2.2 upgrade for the Xperia z and zl,  it's not difficult to release it for the Xperia T!!

Please be quick!!!Sony phones are awesome but The updates are so slow and we all hate slow updates. Stop wasting time making phones like xperia e, m or l.

WE WANT ANDROID 4.2.2 TO BE RELEASED FOR THE T RAPIDLY,THAT IS,BEFORE THE END OF JULY.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Demigod
Message 2 of 67
Message 2 of 67

Re: To SONY - XPERIA T upgrade to Android 4.2.2

I do not have information about future updates, the latest information regarding future updates will be posted on our product blog:

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/

View solution in original post

66 REPLIES 66
Demigod
Message 2 of 67
Message 2 of 67

I do not have information about future updates, the latest information regarding future updates will be posted on our product blog:

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 3 of 67
Message 3 of 67

I am with you!!

But as you can see, Sony will NEVER tell you anything about any update.

We all want 4.2.2 for the T, but if it arrives, it will come late (as always). I don't think Sony will update the T to 4.2.2 if they released for the Z. Yes, they could do it also for the T, but they will not.

So sad, but true.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 67
Message 4 of 67

It seems like the T is the new S and we all know how long that took!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 67
Message 5 of 67

Henke wrote:

I haven't asked you when or if SONY will release the update!

I told you(SONY) to release the update!

Emperor
Message 6 of 67
Message 6 of 67

there are myriad threads on the same topic/question, there is no info on this.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 67
Message 7 of 67

Well then...

And after a myriad threads, do the customers deserve an answer from Sony?.

Come on uliwooly, even you have to agree to the fact that we deserve an answer.

Why always seems that when the customers asks to Sony for an update, looks like if we are asking for a Top Secret?

Emperor
Message 8 of 67
Message 8 of 67

@Daloch Sony has given us an answer, is the answer we want (a definitive yes or no) it is not, but most likely it hasn't been decided if the Xperia S, SL, T, TX is going to get 4.2.2, and once its decided  this will happen

if its yes then users will ask

when am I going to get 4.2.2? if its NO then how come we are not going to get 4.2.2? those are fair questions but it will be better just to wait, I'm certain that Sony moderators aren't holding any info on this, its up to Sony HQ to release that info.

I want my Xperia T to get 4.2.2 and more but lets be realistic here for a moment, what is it that you need from 4.2.2 that 4.1.2 doesn't have already?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 67
Message 9 of 67

I think these improvments are good enough for me:

http://www.androidauthority.com/android-4-1-vs-android-4-2-jelly-bean-149740/

Also malware scanner is always good. Further the lockscreen is better and quick settings which i would use alot if i had it! Just my 2 cents

One time poster
Message 10 of 67
Message 10 of 67

I think the main question is

WHY all the good updates (like 4.2.2 or the camera update), ONLY goes for the Xperia Z????

What's the point to forget the Xperia T the way that Sony is doing?

It is not really nice that a "super" company like Sony, only take efforts to update their last flagship.

It is not our fault that the Xperia T only was a flagship for 3 months. It is because the disastrous policy from Sony and their desire to release new phones every three months without giving them a decent support.

It is pathetic that we have to beg for something that we should get by right.

Anyways, I still think that Sony will keep the T as it is now.

As I always say, it could be a great phone, but we have an average phone, just because the software that Sony develops.

you don't need to be really clever to realize that Sony is doing really few for the customers to get a good phone.